I need information about this tea.
Have you used it?

Thanks,
Ella
#2 of 6 Old 01-28-2003, 09:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i haven't used it, but i know someone who has... my understanding is that it's primarily for cancer patients - that's what my friend was. if i remember the formula correctly, it does have a lot of blood purifiers in it, so that would make sense.... don't know if that helps or not......
#3 of 6 Old 01-30-2003, 12:54 PM

eek! when i hear the words essiac tea i always immediately think cancer. sensitive subject for me.

i gave it to my mom when we found out that she had cancer. i have read a lot about it and have some info on it somewhere around here, i'll look for it. very interesting stuff.

as far as how it works though, i believe it made a difference. unfortunately it seems to work against some of the cancer drugs commonly prescribed. i can't recall exactly which ones but there was some debate over whether she should keep drinking the tea or taking the drugs. she ended up taking the tea. i would say that she had a relatively painless death. tea or not? who knows, but for my part i would take the natural route any day. and it seems that it would be good for you no matter if you happened to be sick or not.

i'll post more when i find the literature.
#4 of 6 Old 02-05-2003, 12:02 PM

sorry it has taken me so long to respond, got very busy. i couldn't find what i was looking for but i found the page where i believe it was all from. www.essiac-info.org is the address. also i found http://www.biznet1.com/p2699.htm to be helpful. good luck with your research!
#5 of 6 Old 02-22-2003, 01:33 AM

not just for terminal illness. However, the brand sold as essiac is only half the formula, the four strong cleansing herbs. The other four ingredients are more nourishing, to help put nutrients back in the body. Flora sells the complete formula under the name FlorEssence. I know people who've tried both & found the full formula to taste better & to be generally gentler on the body.
Here is more info http://www.florahealth.com/flora/hom...cts/R68090.asp and if you want a brief history & info on each ingredient http://www.florahealth.com/Flora/Hom...68090_More.asp

and good luck with whatever ails you, if you want more detailed info, you can post here or pm me.
#6 of 6 Old 02-22-2003, 01:36 AM

you probably don't wanna be taking this while nursing, it helps to pull toxins out of the body's storage areas & gets them into the bloodstream, where they can readily be passed into your milk.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page