Need ideas for rice noodles. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-04-2003, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I purchased Thai Rice noodles and would like ideas on how to flavor them. I thought they would be good with just Tamari-but was wrong-dd said she didn't like it. She loves how the noodles come at a few diff. restaurants we've been to,but I'm not a good enough cook to duplicate dishes.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much!

mamapoppins
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2003, 08:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I like to fry summer squash with a little lemon, olive oil, basil, and garlic. I put it on top of the noodles. They are WONDERFUL with sesame stir fry too!!
Old 02-04-2003, 08:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sesame oil is really nice on rice noodles. You could stir-fry veggies and tofu, chicken or whatever in sesame oil then toss with the noodles. Maybe add a little tamari and some lime juice to give it a thai taste - or a little coconut milk. Definitely need a light sauce with them.

I just got a cookbook Real Thai so I will be experimenting more. My girls love the noodles at the Thai restaurants too.

Cathe Olson, author The Vegetarian Mother's Cookbook, Simply Natural Baby Food, and LIck It! Creamy Dreamy Vegan Ice Creams Your Mouth Will Love.  
Old 02-04-2003, 09:12 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Here's my favorite: Heat chicken or vegetable broth to a boil, meanwhile seasoning w/tamari, sesame oil, and hoisin sauce. Add noodles, stir until softened, then turn off heat, cover, and let stand. Stir-fry shredded cabbage and carrot and peanuts in sesame oil and sprinkle w/black pepper (also add salt if peanuts are unsalted). Put noodles (most of the broth will be absorbed) in a bowl and top w/veggies.

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

User Tag List