Bison recipes? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 02-15-2003, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone have bison recipes that they love?

I'm so excited!! We're getting a side of bison--chemical free, humanely raised, etc... We've eaten bison before and like it but i've never actually cooked with it. Life is such an adventure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 02-15-2003, 10:07 PM

you know, i used ground bison once in meatloaf and it was delicious! I also made hamburgers. amazing, and to me and my family, more juicy than cow burgers!.

my next meal with bison will be stew....cubed bison with carrots, onions, potatoes, a little water added to make a nice gravy.
#3 of 4 Old 02-16-2003, 08:03 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
I can't think of any recipes, but I always just cook it as beef keeping in mind that it has less fat. I'm jealous... bison is WAY too expensive here so we only get it occasionally. Yummmmm!
#4 of 4 Old 02-16-2003, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

So i guess that moist cooking methods would be better for bison then, if it's not as naturally juicy/fatty?

A lot of pple grow bison around here, so the price is comparable to beef if you get a whole side. To buy smaller cuts is just astronomically expensive though.

I cant wait. I feel like a little kid waiting for christmas morning. :LOL

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page