Help me make fruit/cereal bars! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 04-11-2006, 09:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just made 2 batches of the granola bars.
Strawberry was yummy. But don't bother making apricot--you can't taste it at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 36 Old 04-11-2006, 10:34 PM

Alrighty then, looks like I have a new baking project for tomorrow!

Biscotti recipes!!!!!
#33 of 36 Old 04-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Banned

Angela...

The rice cereal granola bars were awesome. I just whipped up a batch using puffed rice cereal while both children played nearby...the def. of a successful recipe to me! And of course, they were yummy. I can just imagine the possibilities...dried cranberries, white choc.chips, crushed nuts, etc....

It is by far the easiest granola bar recipe I've ever tried.Most require baking, or toasting of oats and coconut, etc. This one is a keeper!

P.S. I'll be making your gingerbread biscotti this week!
#34 of 36 Old 04-23-2006, 06:09 PM

Just had to post and say thanks for the great thread. I'm in a major baking rut and want to do some before it hits 100 (again). I will make huge batches this week and freeze....oh, and I make biscotti in sooooo many flavors. I've had many, many, many compliments on all of them. They freeze super well, too! Great to dunk in a nice cup of joe!!!

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

#35 of 36 Old 04-23-2006, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowbird
Angela...

The rice cereal granola bars were awesome. I just whipped up a batch using puffed rice cereal while both children played nearby...the def. of a successful recipe to me! And of course, they were yummy. I can just imagine the possibilities...dried cranberries, white choc.chips, crushed nuts, etc....

It is by far the easiest granola bar recipe I've ever tried.Most require baking, or toasting of oats and coconut, etc. This one is a keeper!

P.S. I'll be making your gingerbread biscotti this week!
Yep, they are our favs around here and you are sooo right about options on adding/changing the recipe. It is super yummy and so easy to make! Glad so many people liked it.
#36 of 36 Old 04-24-2006, 02:18 AM

MMMMM! I made those fruit and cereal bars today! They are a huge hit! I whizzed the oats in my food processor and used ww flour. I also added some dry milk, just 'cause I have a ton, lol. I used coconut oil, and added some cinnamon. I also added an egg. I spread it w/my homemade blueberry jam, and they are soooo yum!

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page