What is your 'ideal' diet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-24-2003, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And, by diet, I mean your eating style.

And, what is your actual diet?

I would love if me and my girls could eat all organic, lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, no sugar and no processed flour.

However, my philosophy has always been to try to keep only that kind of food in the house 90% of the time and when we're out, let them eat what they want. I don't want them to feel like they're missing out and eat it in private or something when they're older. I'm lucky cause my girls (1.5 and 4) eat almost anything, they love fruits and veggies, almost any kind.

But, right now I have Rice Krispies (my daughter wanted the toy) and Kraft Peanut Butter in my cupboard and have been buying frozen veggies since all the fresh are so expensive and rarely buy organic because of the cost. Although, I'm hoping to start up with a local company (WOW Foods) again in the next week or two if I can swing it financially. They deliver a WOW box, size small for $30, to your door once a week with whatever organic produce is in season and the small size seems just right for the 3 of us.

My mom and sister just started "Eat Right For Your Type" and neither of them can have wheat. We've started having brown rice pasta (pretty yummy) but I can't imagine trying to work around a no wheat stipulation all the time.

Also, what holds you back from your ideal diet?

For me, it's money and time. Which is unfortunate, but true.

Curious to see what everyone else has to say.

Peace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2003, 12:56 AM
Banned

HOLY COW! That WOW food company sounds great!

First isour location. I don't know of any organic food sales around here.

Second would be financial. When Mark gets a job I am sure we will be able to fit it in, if we find a food saler.

Our current diet(before this week) consisted of everything. red meat, poulty, veggies, fruit, grains...We just ate in exces of what our bodies needed.

This week, and hopefully for the rest of my life, we are doing a HUGE overhaul of our diet. I have cut out meats, and most dairy(need cheese substitute) and am eating more legumes, pasta, veggies.

My dieal diet?

Completely vegetarian. Eating only foods that grow from the earth naturally.
Old 02-25-2003, 02:48 AM

My ideal diet would be all organic , a lot of my veggies grown by me, no refined sugars, no junk food (chips, cookies, icecream), fresh local organic cheese & eggs (actually I would want my own chickens). All homemade bread & pasta.
A majoriy of our diet would be raw veggies and fruit.
The reality, lets just say is pretty far from my ideal.
What holds me back is money, motivation and cravings.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :

User Tag List