Support for Intro SCD diet! We need it! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#91 of 114 Old 06-23-2006, 11:03 AM
 
Spencersmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Chris - Kinda funny... Late yesterday afternoon I started having a runny nose and aching eyes. By last night I was feeling exceptionally tired and achey. After about a half hour in bed, I started feeling really feverish, shivering and not being able to fully fall asleep. And I had the most incredible headache. The fever seemed to break sometime in the early morning but the headache and body aches were awful all throughout the night. Luckily after sleeping an extra hour this morning and taking a nice long shower, I am feeling much better. Wow though. That really stunk. I have to admit that I did have a little smirk on my face thinking about how this meant SCD was doing SOMETHING and my hardwork was paying off .
Spencersmom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#92 of 114 Old 06-24-2006, 10:27 PM
 
Punchy Kaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Here there and everywhere
Posts: 1,787
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Spencersmom-how long have you been on the diet now? It is super challenging to start and continue. I feel like I am going to be stuck eating at home forever, unable to enjoy a meal at a friends house.

I have been on the diet for about a week and another week before that eating legal foods. YOur die off symtems sound like what I am going through right now. I had horrible headaches the first week during which I was also taking candida enzymes, GSE 3 times a day plus a probiotic. Then I cut back to taking them to once a day and the headaches subsided. Thinking about upping the dosage again. I am all itchy in the vaginal region which is a symptom I have not had for a long time.

We are trying to get rid of candida, which I suspect I have had systematically for many years. Nolan's symtom is the eczema on his cheeks. This may sound like a stupid question: Nolan's spit up has always been lumpy, is this a symptom of thrush?

I have been reading on the pecanbread yahoo group and I feel like my head is spinning with all the information. Do I take the suppliments (enzymes)or not? What about my multi-vitamin and calcium? I barely made it 1 day on the intro diet, I was so cranky and moody. I want to do things the right way but I was so cranky I felt like yelling at my 6 month old baby. On top of all the irritablity my husband is not supportive of my diet.

We create our own reality.
Punchy Kaby is offline  
#93 of 114 Old 06-25-2006, 08:49 AM
 
wisdomkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencersmom
Chris - Kinda funny... Late yesterday afternoon I started having a runny nose and aching eyes. By last night I was feeling exceptionally tired and achey. After about a half hour in bed, I started feeling really feverish, shivering and not being able to fully fall asleep. And I had the most incredible headache. The fever seemed to break sometime in the early morning but the headache and body aches were awful all throughout the night. Luckily after sleeping an extra hour this morning and taking a nice long shower, I am feeling much better. Wow though. That really stunk. I have to admit that I did have a little smirk on my face thinking about how this meant SCD was doing SOMETHING and my hardwork was paying off .
LOL! Yes it is funny how feeling so horrible actually make us happy. :-) Crossing my fingers that what I experienced was die-off!
wisdomkeeper is offline  
#94 of 114 Old 06-28-2006, 12:05 AM
 
Spencersmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am at the end of day 14 today! Woohoo. I still don't feel great, lots of brain fog, mucous in my nose and postnasal drip (ever since my fever) and body aches. Oh, and I got my period yesterday. That certainly is not helping me feel better. I am looking forward to the three week die off period being over. I hope that at the one month point I really do notice a significant difference. I haven't been journaling. Who has time with all this cooking?

Nolansmum - BTW - My ds' middle name is Nolan . I have never heard of lumpy spit up being a sign of yeast. I would say that white tongue, yeasty rash on the bum, things like that. I don't know what kind of advice to give you about the enzymes or the supplements. With the supplements you definitely want to make sure they are legal. You can check on Elaine's site http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.i...llegal_t-z.htm or at pecanbread.com. I don't know much at all about enzymes but I have been holding off until the one month mark. I wanted to take it a little easy on the die-off since I am nursing. I do take HCL when I eat beef. Oh, and don't beat yourself up about only making it one day on the intro. I only made it one and a half, lol. Elaine says that unless you are really sick, that is all you need anyway.

I wish I could type more but it's 10pm and this brain fog is killin' me. Sorry it took me so long to post. I have been crazy with cooking since I have added making nut butters and then mothering has been acting very strangely lately. It was down a few of the times I tried to sign on.
Spencersmom is offline  
#95 of 114 Old 06-29-2006, 12:25 PM
 
Punchy Kaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Here there and everywhere
Posts: 1,787
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
I am at the end of day 14 today! Woohoo. I still don't feel great, lots of brain fog, mucous in my nose and postnasal drip (ever since my fever) and body aches. Oh, and I got my period yesterday. That certainly is not helping me feel better. I am looking forward to the three week die off period being over. I hope that at the one month point I really do notice a significant difference. I haven't been journaling. Who has time with all this cooking?
All right you made it 2 weeks! I had a horrible 'virus' and all through the fever I kept thinking 'this is die-off, this is die-off, you will feel better.' The good thing is that die-off will end and the good guys will take over. I have never cooked this much or this often, I feel so domestic .

Nolan is already doing better! His eczema is almost gone from his cheeks and the amount of spit up has decreased to almost nothing. He was spitting up way too much and I kept asking the doctor and she said it was a normal amount : . I also decided to not use enzymes or GSE for now. I am going to make yogurt today and introduce it very slowly. Spencersmom-have you started the yogurt yet? I am a little nervous that Nolan will react to the dairy.

Can anyone here point me in the direction of a yogurt making thread? Or a good link?

I keep looking ahead at the yummy recipies-only a few more months!

We create our own reality.
Punchy Kaby is offline  
#96 of 114 Old 06-29-2006, 02:41 PM
 
moonshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: finding my way back to the Dingos
Posts: 2,150
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Spencersmom, I think that you started a day before me. What are you eating by now? I am sort of stuck adding new stuff.
moonshine is offline  
#97 of 114 Old 06-29-2006, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter
 
~Shanna~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Stumbling from knowing to doing
Posts: 2,828
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolansmum
All right you made it 2 weeks! I had a horrible 'virus' and all through the fever I kept thinking 'this is die-off, this is die-off, you will feel better.' The good thing is that die-off will end and the good guys will take over. I have never cooked this much or this often, I feel so domestic .

Nolan is already doing better! His eczema is almost gone from his cheeks and the amount of spit up has decreased to almost nothing. He was spitting up way too much and I kept asking the doctor and she said it was a normal amount : . I also decided to not use enzymes or GSE for now. I am going to make yogurt today and introduce it very slowly. Spencersmom-have you started the yogurt yet? I am a little nervous that Nolan will react to the dairy.

Can anyone here point me in the direction of a yogurt making thread? Or a good link?

I keep looking ahead at the yummy recipies-only a few more months!
I'm so glad to hear that you're both doing so well! This diet constantly needs morale boosters I can't find the yogurt-making thread since the search-function is turned off (oh please come back? : ), but I got a recipe off this forum that always turned out:
1)Heat 1 quart of milk in a double-boiler to 110F if using raw milk, 180 if using pasteurized. If using raw, don't go any higher than this because you'll kill the enzymes that you are wanting. I take the milk off the burner at 100F - I have a dig thermometer that has an alert on it, it's so easy to walk away and forget.
2) Remove 2T of the milk with a very clean spoon. Discard milk.
3) Whisk in 1 T of commercial whole milk yogurt. Be sure this yogurt only has milk and cultures in it - you'll want to be very careful about illegals here. Stoneyfield gave me good results, Danon low fat not so much.
4) Pour 2/3 of this mixture into your yogurt container. Whisk into this 2 T +2t more of the commercial yogurt.
5) Now add the remaining 1/3 of the milk from the pan into your yogurt container and put in yogurt maker for 24 hours. I don't have instructions for using a cooler or the oven - I found spending $16 on the Salton maker was well-worth it for the auto-pilot aspect

As for me, cow dairy did NOT go well, so I ran all over town looking for goat milk and sprungf $30 for the SCD non-dairy starter just to try goat yogurt to see if it will work out better for me. All of the yogurt starters that I found had some type of illegal in it, and I couldn't bear to risk failure with the goat yogurt, all the while second-guessing if it was one of the illegals in the starter. So if this goat yogurt doesn't go well, it's going to be about $48 (including shipping) for 2 Tablespoons of yogurt : If you're the sort that prays, send one up for me!
~Shanna~ is offline  
#98 of 114 Old 06-29-2006, 03:19 PM
 
Spencersmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh, I am so glad to hear the Nolan's skin is better and that he is not spitting up as much. That is very encouraging. Have you noticed any positives for YOU?

Yes, I have started the yogurt. I started it day three. I couldn't get a straight answer about when to start and I was anxious to add another food choice. Ds and I do have a dairy sensitivity (mine IgG) but I heard that the good of the yogurt outweighs a reaction you might have. I have geographic tongue (a sign of dysbiosis) and I got two large lesions on my tongue that were there for 4-5 days and then subsided. Again, as I seem to keep saying/thinking over and over, I don't know if it was die-off or the yogurt but chose to keep on. My tongue is fine now and, besides this mucousy nose, I cannot see any other symptoms that would indicate dairy is causing a real problem. I would have considered goat yogurt for ds but I cannot tolerate the taste plus it was very expensive.

Here is a link for the yogurt making that I use. http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.c...ed/yogurt.html
However, in the book Elaine says to cool the yogurt to room temp before adding the starter (which is different than the link). She says it is to make sure you do not destroy the starter when you add it. I am not sure I completely understand that since you have to keep it at 100-110 to make it into yogurt. I have gotten it to room temp the last two times I made it but I haven't noticed a difference in the taste/texture of the yogurt. I can't really tell if it is making it any more powerful either (probiotic wise I mean).

It is nice to have someone to talk to about this.. If you have any other questions about yogurt making, let me know.
Spencersmom is offline  
#99 of 114 Old 06-29-2006, 03:31 PM
 
Spencersmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshine
Spencersmom, I think that you started a day before me. What are you eating by now? I am sort of stuck adding new stuff.
Here is a list. If you need help finding any recipes, let me know!

Baked or grilled chicken breast
Homemade chicken/carrot soup
Roasted turkey breast
Avocado meatloaf ( - it tasted/felt like dogfood)
Scrambled eggs with DCCC
Cheeseburger
Butternut squash fries w/grapeseed oil (made me bloated)
Zucchini noodles sauteed in butter (freakin' yum but made me bloated)
applesauce/pearsauce or bananas for fruit
raw milk yogurt with either blueberry, strawberry or peach compote
pecan butter/banana muffins (yum!)
sneaky veggie pancakes with butternut squash (not great)
apple pancakes (very, very good)
spinach, artichoke, green beans, acorn squash, carrot sticks
spinach quiche
banana nut pudding
peanut butter ice cream
grape/water popsicles
pearsicles (pearsauce frozen in ice cube trays with those little wooden sticks. I can't remember the name of them to save my life right now).
"cheesecake" or custard
gelatin on occasion but we don't love it

I have been sprinking some gelatin in my "compote" when I make it. That seems to be working well for us.

HTH - Tammy
Spencersmom is offline  
#100 of 114 Old 06-29-2006, 03:38 PM
 
moonshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: finding my way back to the Dingos
Posts: 2,150
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh my goodness, you are eating so much more food than me! No wonder I feel so deprived.

Other than what you indicated, all these foods went well? And I guess you are using almond flour?
moonshine is offline  
#101 of 114 Old 06-29-2006, 03:49 PM
 
Spencersmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshine
Oh my goodness, you are eating so much more food than me! No wonder I feel so deprived.

Other than what you indicated, all these foods went well? And I guess you are using almond flour?
Yeah, the introduction of all the foods went well except for the squashes. That really surprised me because I had never had a problem with them before that I knew of. I am told it is because your intestines are healing, there can be raw spots on them from where stuff is dying off, and they might get irritated. Plus, veggies have a laxative effect. Otherwise, every thing else seems fine as long as my mucousy nose, body aches, headaches and brain fog are due to die-off.

I tried using almond flour (jumped ahead to stage three thinking I would have no problem) but ds' poops were very grainy and he was not digesting the nuts well at all. Everything I am doing now is with the nut butter (that I make myself in the processor) and it seems to be working much better for him. But boy oh boy, I can't wait to add back in nut flour muffins. They were soooooooo good. I felt like I was eating a real muffin:. The pancakes and everything else that I make has the nut butter or just eggs. The apple pancakes are just grated apples, eggs and butter. Delicious!
Spencersmom is offline  
#102 of 114 Old 06-29-2006, 04:45 PM
 
moonshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: finding my way back to the Dingos
Posts: 2,150
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do you have the measurements (or recipe) for the apple pancakes?
moonshine is offline  
#103 of 114 Old 06-29-2006, 10:16 PM
 
Spencersmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshine
Do you have the measurements (or recipe) for the apple pancakes?
Apples ...grated
As many eggs as apples
butter for frying

Mix grated apples and eggs. Butter pan and keep at med-low heat so that butter won't burn. Drop mixture into pan making small pancakes (easier to flip). Flip when brown. Use melted honey/butter as syrup.

Enjoy!
Spencersmom is offline  
#104 of 114 Old 06-30-2006, 05:11 PM
 
Bestbirths's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lyme-Autism Connection Conference
Posts: 2,183
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
subbing. we just started the SCD diet....
Bestbirths is offline  
#105 of 114 Old 07-01-2006, 11:59 PM
 
Punchy Kaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Here there and everywhere
Posts: 1,787
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Shanna-I hope your goat milk yogurt is digesting well . Thank you for the recipie for the yogurt. All the websites have one's that use starters and not yogurt. I am going to order the Salton Yogurt Maker. I am cooking about 10 times more than usual (not a stretch of the truth) and making yogurt in a maker will save me some time and frustration.

I have been on SCD for 2 weeks now and am having some serious cravings for crunchy food. I am eating nowhere near the variety that Tammy has posted. Nolan's belly is my guide to food introduction-he spits up more when something has not been properly digested. Guess there is no way to cheat .

I have gotten better-the vaginal itching is less. Now that I am over my virus I can tell that I have die-off symptoms like a soar throat, mucousy nose. The brain fog has been with me since the sleep deprivation started months ago. I am hoping Nolan will start to sleep through the night soon:

I hope that your diets are going well and that food cravings stay away!

We create our own reality.
Punchy Kaby is offline  
#106 of 114 Old 07-02-2006, 12:30 AM
 
Siana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,217
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisticat
Hi Ladies. I really really am going to start this week
I've been on it off and on since January.
Stacy, you just made me feel so much better about myself, just from this statement alone

I've been on and off the diet from about February. DP and I were arguing about it, and it became so stressful that I quit. His theory is that my symptoms might just be normal or highly exagerated by me. Also, he say the imporvement I had when I first started SCD (did it for a month) might have all been conincidence

Needless to say, I've give up on him... and the medical community that I finally went to for some help. More than anything I wanted a Dr. to keep a watchful eye on my progress because DP wasn't comfortable with me doing this on my own (and I might have got some medical coverage if done under supervision of a Dr. ). Well, lo and behold, the Dr.'s told me everything was fine, though I could do with more iron (yeah, because I didn't know that already )


ANYWAY, started SCD again a couple of days ago. I must say I'm feeling excellet, and the loose stools have gone already. I'm hoping I won't have a relapse. I feel so energized even though I'm sleep deprived... I know, I know... I shouldn't be here, I should be in bed

I haven't told DP I've gone on SCD this time. He's a smart guy (well most of the time) so I'm sure he'll figure it out, but, I've come to the conclusion that no one knows my health/body better than I do, and I have to look out for myself, because no one else will. I have two beautiful children, and I want to enjoy them, but it's hard to do with headaches, brainfog, emotional fluctuations, depression etc.. Glad to say haven't had any of those symptoms in almost 2 days. Oh and no flatulence. I'm in heaven
Siana is offline  
#107 of 114 Old 07-02-2006, 12:33 AM
 
Siana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,217
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else doing SCD without any mammal meat?

I am doing beef gelatine currently (yes, contradictory to my principals!), while searching for a Canadian source of fish gelatine. I think Digestive Wellness sells them, but no way I'm going to import if I don't need to. Must check of local asian stores.
Siana is offline  
#108 of 114 Old 07-02-2006, 12:45 AM
 
Siana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,217
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I always hated the Intro. Chicken Carrot soup because it tasted like something you'd give someone who was terribly ill (I felt ill just eating it, even if I wasn't). Sure, I'm not in great shape, but by golly is the original intro. recipe bland.

Anyway, this time I changed things a little bit. When cooking I added a bay leaf and squeezed some ginger juice in to the pot (I took the bay leaf out after cooking of course). The soup tasted awesome, just like a soup I'd have made on a regular diet.

So is my modified Chicken carrot soup for Intro. diet illegal or not?
Siana is offline  
#109 of 114 Old 07-07-2006, 09:34 PM
 
Punchy Kaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Here there and everywhere
Posts: 1,787
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanna4000
I'm so glad to hear that you're both doing so well! This diet constantly needs morale boosters I can't find the yogurt-making thread since the search-function is turned off (oh please come back? : ), but I got a recipe off this forum that always turned out:
1)Heat 1 quart of milk in a double-boiler to 110F if using raw milk, 180 if using pasteurized. If using raw, don't go any higher than this because you'll kill the enzymes that you are wanting. I take the milk off the burner at 100F - I have a dig thermometer that has an alert on it, it's so easy to walk away and forget.
2) Remove 2T of the milk with a very clean spoon. Discard milk.
3) Whisk in 1 T of commercial whole milk yogurt. Be sure this yogurt only has milk and cultures in it - you'll want to be very careful about illegals here. Stoneyfield gave me good results, Danon low fat not so much.
4) Pour 2/3 of this mixture into your yogurt container. Whisk into this 2 T +2t more of the commercial yogurt.
5) Now add the remaining 1/3 of the milk from the pan into your yogurt container and put in yogurt maker for 24 hours. I don't have instructions for using a cooler or the oven - I found spending $16 on the Salton maker was well-worth it for the auto-pilot aspect

As for me, cow dairy did NOT go well, so I ran all over town looking for goat milk and sprungf $30 for the SCD non-dairy starter just to try goat yogurt to see if it will work out better for me. All of the yogurt starters that I found had some type of illegal in it, and I couldn't bear to risk failure with the goat yogurt, all the while second-guessing if it was one of the illegals in the starter. So if this goat yogurt doesn't go well, it's going to be about $48 (including shipping) for 2 Tablespoons of yogurt : If you're the sort that prays, send one up for me!
Thank you so much for the recipe! I got my Salton today and will cook up my first batch tonight. How did the goat yogurt go? It has been 3 weeks on the diet for me now and although I am feeling better it is getting more difficult to resist food. Especially when there are brownies at work .

What veggies have you successfully introduced thus far? I'm eating winter squashes, spinach, green beans, summer squash still gives me a little tummy ache. Everytime I try fruit (besides bananas) Nolan has a flair up of his eczema: I need my sweet fix somehow.

We create our own reality.
Punchy Kaby is offline  
#110 of 114 Old 07-08-2006, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter
 
~Shanna~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Stumbling from knowing to doing
Posts: 2,828
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolansmum
Thank you so much for the recipe! I got my Salton today and will cook up my first batch tonight. How did the goat yogurt go? It has been 3 weeks on the diet for me now and although I am feeling better it is getting more difficult to resist food. Especially when there are brownies at work .

What veggies have you successfully introduced thus far? I'm eating winter squashes, spinach, green beans, summer squash still gives me a little tummy ache. Everytime I try fruit (besides bananas) Nolan has a flair up of his eczema: I need my sweet fix somehow.
I haven't gotten to intro the goat yogurt yet - I accidentally got something nasty in my diet (probably was the red wine vinegar on 4th of july), so I'm waiting for my acne to calm down before I try the goat yogurt.

As far as veggies, I'm pretty advanced on those: summer squash, bell peppers, avocado, green beans, peas, carrots, celery, onions, tomatoes, even cauliflower and broccoli. I'm waiting to intro winter squash because I had a reaction to it early on, but I think it was the coconut milk I stewed it in : Is anyone doing well on nut butters? I did homemade pecan butter and had a very mild reaction, though I had made it in my cuisinart and it was still bumpy. Going to give commercial almond butter a shot soon, it's much smoother :
~Shanna~ is offline  
#111 of 114 Old 07-08-2006, 10:49 PM
 
moonshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: finding my way back to the Dingos
Posts: 2,150
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Shanna, I just tried cashew butter. Seemed to be ok. I made Jane's cashew butter cake and it was just fine.

I am trying to eat more veggies, but I am also not sure how to gauge whether or not I am doing well on it. My bloat seems to be a constant thing. At least things on the constipation end seem to be slowly improving.
moonshine is offline  
#112 of 114 Old 07-09-2006, 04:26 PM
 
odinsmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: mostly sunny Hawaii!
Posts: 704
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hello ladies!
new here and on day 8 of scd and so glad to find you all!

i started the diet for ulcerative colitis which has kept me in my house for several weeks. i have not had to take any meds for it and i'm hoping i won't have to. i'm commited to making this diet work to change my gut health and keep bfing my ds with no meds in my system!!

so far i am still suffering from D, but am having some soft stools as well, so that's good. and way less gas than before. yay for small victories!!

i've never noticed a problem with dairy, so for me the yogurt makes me feel really good. i make it in a huge batch and ferment it on a heating pad. works great.

i am still mosty on the intro diet, sick of the soup but enjoying the fish. i can't tolerate beef. and i eat bananas (try to firm up those poops! ). also tried some cooked apple, yummy! also avacado and a bit of legal cheese.

i have lost a lot of weight, due to my illness as well as the diet i think. but i finally stopped losing weight and even gained back a pound because i started adding more fats (avos, olive oil, butter) to my meals.

i'm really hoping to see more improvement but i know it takes time....
also still waiting for my copy of BTVC to arrive along with the Grain Free Gourmet!

keep up the good work!! (and this diet IS work!)

winner.jpgfamilybed2.gifsewmachine.gifcd.gif Homeschooling, happy, messy-housed mama to my 2 wild boys fencing.gif 10/05 and 9/08, and my sweet little girl babygirl.gif 2/13 and blessed to be married to the best guy for me since 12/96.
odinsmama is offline  
#113 of 114 Old 07-12-2006, 06:39 AM
Banned
 
CharlieBrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: garden variety
Posts: 4,983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
subbing for now and bumping
CharlieBrown is offline  
#114 of 114 Old 08-04-2006, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter
 
~Shanna~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Stumbling from knowing to doing
Posts: 2,828
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not just on intro anymore, but this was too weird to not share:
Goat yogurt (with non-dairy starter) was okay, but goat cheese aged for 5 months was not okay. I'm also suspecting that I can do commercial butter from cow milk, but not homemade from pastured cows. I'm relieved to be getting these questions answered so I can stop being in the "introducing food, wait 2 days, introduce new food..." stage, but I cann't help but be disappointed and puzzled by the cheese and butter thing. :
~Shanna~ is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off