ricotta cheese - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-03-2006, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a carton of it, and don't know what to do with it. I have no spinach or lasanga noodles. I do have pasta and tomatoe sauce though.
Suggestions Please!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2006, 06:21 PM

Do you have mozzarella? You could make a lasagna-ish type dish with the ingredients you do have. Don't limit yourself to lasagna noodles for lasagna!

Ok~that sounds funny. I'm having a terrible time with words today. I think you get my meaning, though. (I hope!)

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (10) and Nathaniel (9) and Olivia (3).
Old 05-03-2006, 07:47 PM

Make Not-Sagna by Rachael Ray. Go to www.foodnetwork.com and find the page for 30 minute meals. There should be a meat and a veggie version of Not-sagna pasta toss. The short hand is that if you add a ladelful of the pasta water to your ricotta and then stir in a little grated parmesan, you have a really nice cheesy base sauce. Toss it with cooked pasta and whatever you like, really.

I also like ricotta as a cream cheese sub. It's good on toast or other bread products.

Or why not make a calzone? Mix up some pizza dough and roll out into a circle. Spread one half with ricotta and tomato sauce, then add whatever else you like in terms of meat or veges (I'd cook the veges first, though). Fold it over and crimp the edges. Bake until golden brown and serve w/ more sauce. Mmmmmmm.

ex-Californian, making my way on the East Coast with DS (10), DS (6) and WAHDH. Former extended BF'er, co-sleeper, and baby-wearer. Remembering how to garden.

User Tag List