First birthday? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-03-2003, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm looking for a wheat free vegan organic not chocolate cake and frosting recipe, can anyone help?

Jillian wife to Ryan and mommy to Janelle Ashlynn (9/09/2002), Kincaid Chance (3/29/2004), Travis Neil (8/13/2007) and River Anderson (5/02/2009).
#2 of 4 Old 03-03-2003, 02:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have a zucchini cake recipe in my book Simply Natural Baby Food which is vegan. For the frosting, I use cream cheese but you could substitute non-dairy cream cheese. Reply if you are interested and I'll post it.

Cathe Olson, author The Vegetarian Mother's Cookbook, Simply Natural Baby Food, and LIck It! Creamy Dreamy Vegan Ice Creams Your Mouth Will Love.  
#3 of 4 Old 03-03-2003, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by cathe
I have a zucchini cake recipe in my book Simply Natural Baby Food which is vegan. For the frosting, I use cream cheese but you could substitute non-dairy cream cheese. Reply if you are interested and I'll post it.
definitely interested!

Jillian wife to Ryan and mommy to Janelle Ashlynn (9/09/2002), Kincaid Chance (3/29/2004), Travis Neil (8/13/2007) and River Anderson (5/02/2009).
#4 of 4 Old 03-03-2003, 07:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
¾ cup raisins
Boiling water
2¼ cups whole wheat, brown rice, or barley flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ cup raw or toasted wheat germ
½ cup chopped walnuts
3 tablespoons brown rice syrup, pure
maple syrup, or honey
3 tablespoons oil
1 egg, beaten or egg replacer equivalent
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional)
1½ to 2 cups grated zucchini

Preheat oven to 375º. Oil an 8-inch or 9-inch square baking pan. Place raisins in a glass measuring cup. Fill with hot water to the 1-cup level. Set aside. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir in wheat germ and walnuts. In a sep-arate bowl, beat together sweetener, oil, egg, lemon peel, and juice. Mix in zucchini, raisins, and raisin water. Stir the dry ingredients into the egg mixture. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 40 to 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Frost cooled cake with Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe follows).

Yield: 16 servings

Cream Cheese Frosting

In food processor or mixer, beat 8 ounces cream cheese, ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract, and enough apple juice concentrate or juice to create a frosting consistency with a slightly sweet taste. Crushed pineapple, maple syrup or honey also work instead of juice or concentrate.

Yield: 1 cup

Cathe Olson, author The Vegetarian Mother's Cookbook, Simply Natural Baby Food, and LIck It! Creamy Dreamy Vegan Ice Creams Your Mouth Will Love.  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page