Where do I find *vanilla* chai?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-08-2003, 11:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi everyone! I had this YUMMY ice chai today that was vanilla instead of the normal spiced version. Oh my it was SO SO good! But I have no idea where I can buy the vanilla chai myself so I'm not spending an arm and a leg to purchase them from coffee shops! Any ideas??

Also I'm not big on teas, but the chai in milk is soooo yummy! If anyone has any suggestions on other tea drinks that taste sorta like chai does (either spiced or vanilla) I'd love to hear about them! I've limited my soda intake to one a day tops, but it would be so nice to have more yummy options to drink that are good for me!

Thanks so much for any help!

Lisa, mama to Orion (7) , Fiona Star (born sleeping @ 38wks 12/6/08) , our bitty (m/c 7/27/09) , and Charlotte Athena (11/5/10)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2003, 01:35 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The brand Oregan Chai is very very good. It comes in a box. You make it with 1/2 chai and 1/2 milk and it is so yummy! I'm not sure if they have just a vanilla but I know some of there chais have vanilla in them. I get it at a local health food store but I have also found it in a regular grocery store as well.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
Old 03-09-2003, 03:03 AM

You could also try making your own at home - chai is very easy to make from scratch or from a good brand of teabag - and adding vanilla yourself to taste.

http://www.recipegoldmine.com/bevnon/bevnon149.html

http://www.odie.org/chai/rec/rec110.html

http://www.foodtv.com/foodtv/recipe/...,22016,00.html

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

Old 03-09-2003, 03:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yes Sheacoby, the Oregon Chai is nummy! I can find the normal variety at my local grocery store.... I don't actually mix it 1/2 and 1/2 its too strong for me then... I mix oh 1/4 chai and 3/4ths milk. Nummy! Thanks for the help though!

Jane thanks for the links I'll look into them! Mmmm I can make it just how *I* like it! Sounds good!!

Lisa, mama to Orion (7) , Fiona Star (born sleeping @ 38wks 12/6/08) , our bitty (m/c 7/27/09) , and Charlotte Athena (11/5/10)
Old 03-09-2003, 05:22 PM

That's funny because I actually don't make it 1/2 and 1/2 either because I find it too strong. I figured most people would like it stronger than I do though.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :

User Tag List