Almond Butter...Peanuts? - Mothering Forums
Nutrition and Good Eating > Almond Butter...Peanuts?
Mama2Mila's Avatar Mama2Mila 10:31 AM 03-13-2003
I was just about to introduce my 10 month old DD to some almond butter, when I realized that all the packages (even organic) said something like: produced in a plant that also processed peanuts etc....So here's my question: Since peanuts are sooo allergenic should I wait with any other nut butter that's produced in a plant along with peanuts? Is there any brand you know of that's "untainted"???

TIA, Alex

bellamama's Avatar bellamama 05:30 PM 03-13-2003
HI Alex,
I think now adays you may find that warning on all jars of nut butter. They want to protect themselves just in case. Have you thought of making your own Almond butter????? I'm sure there is probably a great recipe in the archives or some helpful mama may have one off hand.
tessamami's Avatar tessamami 04:05 AM 03-14-2003
ask myself: do I, or anyone in my family have an allergy to peanuts? The answer in my case is no.

And since almond butter or cashew butter is not peanut butter, and since we are not allergic - then I'm not gonna sweat it.

I have to say that I did not give DD peanut butter until she was well over 2 years of age just to be on the safe side. She didn't eat other nut butters until she was at least 1 and a half years old.
Up