Craving protein - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-01-2006, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't figure this out. I'm craving protein like mad. It has been for the last 3 weeks. I've been eating hard boiled eggs for breakfast, salad with hard boiled eggs, lunch meat or bacon, bison burgers, brauworst. But I'm still craving protein. Its like I can't get my fill. I'm not pregnant, AF is just leaving.

I've been eatting healthier for over 6 months now. No trans fat, limiting processed foods and soda. Lots of veggies, pizza, brown rice, fruit. I haven't been eatting much meat because my boyfriend prefers fish and poultry and I prefer red meat. But me eat black beans and hummus.

I haven't been exercising nearly as much as I should be or what I was doing 3 months ago. Anyone have a clue whats going on?
#2 of 4 Old 07-04-2006, 09:29 PM

Not sure what's going on, but if you're really loading up on protein, make sure that you increase your calcium intake as well (excessive protein can strip the body of calcium).

High-tech Hippie Mama to Dd1 (9/22/06), Dd2 (2/25/10) and Ds (05/27/2013). I eat Clean, cloth diaper, and spend way too much time online.

#3 of 4 Old 07-04-2006, 09:49 PM

Maybe what you really need is fat, not protein. Do you eat dairy? Maybe you could add some heavy cream or sour cream? What about some butter on your veggies?
I've heard a lot of people say they feel much better after adding good, quality fat to their diets.
Good luck!
Suzy

: mama to 4 boys
: : :
#4 of 4 Old 07-05-2006, 12:36 AM

Fat could be it too, I agree.

I only eat raw foods {90%}, but to get fats I indulge in avocados and young coconuts, tons of good medium chain fatty acids.

Can make a quick awesome Guacamole to put on those salads your doing up - mash that avocado with some salsa and a bit of lime/lemon juice, awesome!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page