The new "Eating Well" - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-16-2003, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know a few of you get this magazine...

We just had the multigrain waffles from the spring volume of Eating Well and they were SOOOO GOOD! The best waffles I've ever had. We topped them with stewed apples and yogurt. Yum yummy.

Has anyone tried any of the other recipes?

This magazine almost tempts me to eat meat. But the veggie recipes look great too.

http://www.eatingwell.com/

-jeanie
#2 of 5 Old 03-16-2003, 11:55 AM

mmmmm.....feel like posting the recipe?

I just bought Eat, Drink, and Be Healthy, the book by Dr. Walter Willett, after reading the story Razing the Pyramid in the Winter edition on line. Still haven't had time to start it but I've heard really good things about it!

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

#3 of 5 Old 03-17-2003, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

Jane-
I loved that food pyramid article. I stopped eating white potatoes altogether. But I sure do miss french fries... Let me know if you like the book.

The waffle recipe- I modified it a bit, so here it is:

Multi-Grain Waffles/Pancakes

1 cup plain yogurt mixed with 1 cup milk (or 2 cups buttermilk)
1/2 cup rolled oats
Mix together and let sit for 20-30 minutes
Add:
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup turbinado or sucanut
1 tbl oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
And mix well

1 and 1/3 cup ww pastry flour
1/4 cup toasted wheat germ (or cornmeal)
1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
Whisk together in a large bowl

Pur wet ingredients into dry ingredients, mix and cook in waffle iron or on hot griddle.
#4 of 5 Old 03-20-2003, 01:51 PM
Liz

I just bought "Eat, Drink and Be Healthy", too. This is the first health/diet book I've ever even been tempted to buy. I've read Eating Well for years but mostly because they just had great recipes, it was just a bonus that they were healthy. I really enjoyed the article on Walter Willett but was then disappointed to not find any recipes in the magazine that really followed his theories. They all used white rice, white pasta or white potatoes!
#5 of 5 Old 03-20-2003, 02:18 PM

Jeanie, thanks for posting that recipe! I've got family coming today, so I'm going to use them as guinea pigs.....

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page