Juice Plus? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-30-2006, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pam Popper has a ton of information on how to change the course of your health and that of your children. She has books on ADD, Obesity, curing your child of being a "junk food junkie" so to speak, hormones, etc. Her whole take on health is curing it from a natural stand point. Read some of the stuff she actually has online then make your choice. It is a "wellness forum" and she wants to educate you, and this is her business. Her products are very well done, in my opinion, and very reasonably priced. The information on Stephen Barrett is very interesting, in my opinion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2006, 02:26 PM

But, uh, she does have an interest in Juice Plus+ and its success. There are members of this site that have a ton of information about changing one's health and they're not charging $150 a year to share what they know.

I'm not sure what you mean by "It is a 'wellness forum'"? That's what it is called, yes, but what are you getting at?
Old 11-30-2006, 04:50 PM

JP connections aside, what is wrong with someone using their knowledge to make a living?

Prenatal/Pediatric Chiropractor (Diplomate) , raising the next generation drug-free!
DS - CJ :, the love of my life
Old 11-30-2006, 07:08 PM

I'm so glad I found this thread! My searches weren't coming up with anything.

We seem to be getting a lot of colds here and a couple weeks ago my chiro said "you need to boost your immune system" - how about if I have my Juice Plus rep contact you? Well, the lady is calling and wanting me to call her back now that I have the JP CD to listen to. She's gonna want an answer for me.

I already eat a decent amount of veggies (esp. in the summer), water kefir, coconut oil, cod liver oil and grassfed meats, etc. I'm not sure I want to spend more $$ but if it helped us from getting colds it would be worth a try. And my chiro is never sick I swear. (I'm still getting my adjustments too).

My question: Do you have to sign up for a big commitment to try it, like several months? Would I be able to buy just one bottle and try it a month ? It sounds like there is at least a veggie blend and a couple fruit blends and she'd want me to buy both, and maybe multiple bottles up front? (I see them sold in 4 packs I think it was on the website)

I'm always a little leery of any type of salesperson LOL and don't want to waste my time and hers to hear a long spiel and find out it's like $100 or something and I'm stuck with 4 months of capsules I might not take (I'm not the most consistent with taking supplements- I"d rather get it from real foods *if possible*).

Sometimes I hate confrontation (and commitment?)LOL. Would love some more info on the nitty-gritty before I decide.

thanks! Kelly
Old 12-01-2006, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiro_kristin View Post
JP connections aside, what is wrong with someone using their knowledge to make a living?
Nothing, really. But that website isn't clear about what it is really selling. I saw the Wellness Forum a few years ago (referred by a Juice Plus+ distributor) and was baffled why I was given the link. I asked, "Do I buy supplements or something here?" The answer was, "No. She has a lot of great information about being healthy." But everything I clicked took me to a page to click to buy. That's not a forum. That's an advertisement. She may very well know her stuff and have great material and educational opportunities to share, but the set up there makes me uneasy.

I did see today there are newsletters and they appear to be archived.

Brookesmom - You buy a four-month supply of the Orchard and Garden Blend. That's the standard product. My monthly payment was withdrawn directly from my checking account. (The other payment option when I signed up was to use credit card.) The other fruit blend you're talking about is the "Vineyard Blend". That's the first add-on after the basic. Then, if you add kids, you need chewables and gummies. Then you need the Complete which is a powder you make shakes and smoothies with.

You'll probably be told that you should get the four-month supply to start because most people don't see all the benefits until they've been taking it for that long.

I probably have more than a year's supply in my hall closet. They're getting hard to swallow.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Wow, some of you guys are really missing the point on JP by devoting so much time to discussing Barrett. If anyone can defend the product against the myriad of criticisms that have been levied, then they should do so, but it is highly dishonest to pretend that Barrett’s credibility is the cornerstone argument for weighing the value of JP. I would also suggest that any further discussion of Barrett that is not directly related to the topic of this thread (i.e. JP) should be posted under a new thread.

The information posted at bellareview.com cannot reasonably be called a “review”. It reads as a cut-and-paste from a JP brochure and adds nothing new to the discussion that cannot be found on any other JP seller’s website. Pam Popper is a shill for NSA and is the commentator on many of NSAs training and promotional recordings. Was she trotted out as an example of an unbiased authority or merely another financially-motivated talking head for NSA, because she is clearly the latter? It is also clear that Chellemerie has her head screwed on straight, since she was able to immediately point out these details.

To Brookesmom: The product is sold only in 4-month supplies of 8 bottles, which retails for $159. There are no valid reasons that justify either the exorbitant price or the 8-bottle minimum.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:08 AM

When I started, I bought individual bottles from my distributor! Many keep them on hand. I also tried several samples, etc...All of this before I was ready to try a 4 month supply.

As for defending the product, there are many independent studies. Several well known medical doctors recommend it. It's made of whole fruits and veggies. Why does it need defending? It seems fairly simple to me. I'm trying to understand why it's so controversial. Especially here on a natural parenting board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda Damachuk View Post
Wow, some of you guys are really missing the point on JP by devoting so much time to discussing Barrett. If anyone can defend the product against the myriad of criticisms that have been levied, then they should do so, but it is highly dishonest to pretend that Barrett’s credibility is the cornerstone argument for weighing the value of JP. I would also suggest that any further discussion of Barrett that is not directly related to the topic of this thread (i.e. JP) should be posted under a new thread.

The information posted at bellareview.com cannot reasonably be called a “review”. It reads as a cut-and-paste from a JP brochure and adds nothing new to the discussion that cannot be found on any other JP seller’s website. Pam Popper is a shill for NSA and is the commentator on many of NSAs training and promotional recordings. Was she trotted out as an example of an unbiased authority or merely another financially-motivated talking head for NSA, because she is clearly the latter? It is also clear that Chellemerie has her head screwed on straight, since she was able to immediately point out these details.

To Brookesmom: The product is sold only in 4-month supplies of 8 bottles, which retails for $159. There are no valid reasons that justify either the exorbitant price or the 8-bottle minimum.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apmommy76 View Post
When I started, I bought individual bottles from my distributor! Many keep them on hand. I also tried several samples, etc...All of this before I was ready to try a 4 month supply.

As for defending the product, there are many independent studies. Several well known medical doctors recommend it. It's made of whole fruits and veggies. Why does it need defending? It seems fairly simple to me. I'm trying to understand why it's so controversial. Especially here on a natural parenting board.
The medical doctors I've heard recommending Juice Plus+ are either distributors themselves or get something in return from the company. I had never heard of Pam Popper or her Wellness Forum until I was introduced to Juice Plus+. I imagine she's getting a lot of traffic through her involvement with JP+.

Now, maybe the product is beneficial, but I need to see some truly independent research to prove it. I would love to get the benefits from more than a dozen fruits and veggies in a couple capsules every day. I'm not convinced JP+ is all it claims to be. The JP+ distributor I know truly believes it's changed her health. But she changed a lot of other things when she started the product. She renewed her commitment to exercise, became suspicious of the merits of meat and dairy, and starting eating a "shake" every day that has foods she rarely if ever ate before starting JP+. (Including green tea, flax, brewer's yeast, and spinach.) She also had the excitement of learning and networking and feeling passionate about something. That alone will make a person feel fantastic.

Some distributors will sell individual bottles and hand out lots of samples. But that's not the way the company means for the product to be sold. I knew when I signed up that it was going to be hard to tell a friend that I didn't want my auto-shipped product anymore. The payment came right out of my account every month - I hardly noticed after a while. That's the way it's supposed to be sold. Automatic payment, automatic ship, you never forget to pick some up at the store, you feel bad telling a friend she can't have your money anymore. It's built-in reorder customers. Very smart.

In the end, I think it's better to use that $42 a month on something else that I know is what it says it is. With that money, I can buy more organic produce, buy milk and yogurt from the health food section, go to the gym, buy exercise videos. Not that I have done those things, because what I really want is all that stuff in a pill because I want it to be that easy.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:07 PM

Chellemarie,

I just became a distributor 2 weeks ago after using the products for more than a year. To me, autoship makes SENSE. If I'm going to be taking something on a regular basis, it's easier for me to just have it charged and shipped automatically.

As for the independent studies, there are many--even more in the works right now.

As for it's impact, you can get bloodwork done and then take it for several months and have more bloodwork done--if you want definitive proof that it's working for you. Since it's more of a preventative, you might not see the changes on the outside, you know? You may...but you may not. And it can't hurt since it's just fruits and veggies.

Jan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellemarie View Post
The medical doctors I've heard recommending Juice Plus+ are either distributors themselves or get something in return from the company. I had never heard of Pam Popper or her Wellness Forum until I was introduced to Juice Plus+. I imagine she's getting a lot of traffic through her involvement with JP+.

Now, maybe the product is beneficial, but I need to see some truly independent research to prove it. I would love to get the benefits from more than a dozen fruits and veggies in a couple capsules every day. I'm not convinced JP+ is all it claims to be. The JP+ distributor I know truly believes it's changed her health. But she changed a lot of other things when she started the product. She renewed her commitment to exercise, became suspicious of the merits of meat and dairy, and starting eating a "shake" every day that has foods she rarely if ever ate before starting JP+. (Including green tea, flax, brewer's yeast, and spinach.) She also had the excitement of learning and networking and feeling passionate about something. That alone will make a person feel fantastic.

Some distributors will sell individual bottles and hand out lots of samples. But that's not the way the company means for the product to be sold. I knew when I signed up that it was going to be hard to tell a friend that I didn't want my auto-shipped product anymore. The payment came right out of my account every month - I hardly noticed after a while. That's the way it's supposed to be sold. Automatic payment, automatic ship, you never forget to pick some up at the store, you feel bad telling a friend she can't have your money anymore. It's built-in reorder customers. Very smart.

In the end, I think it's better to use that $42 a month on something else that I know is what it says it is. With that money, I can buy more organic produce, buy milk and yogurt from the health food section, go to the gym, buy exercise videos. Not that I have done those things, because what I really want is all that stuff in a pill because I want it to be that easy.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:08 PM

Thanks chellemarie and Brenda for the info. No way can I spend that kind of money right now on supplements, especially ones I might just replace with more fruits and veggies, which I'm going to do. Now to just get the rep off my back (and now I know why she keeps calling.)

Quote:
Old 12-02-2006, 05:13 PM

Hmm...I pay less than a dollar a day for my son's vitamins. Since they're made with whole fruits and veggies, I can totally justify the cost. I mean, I'd be willing to spend a dollar a day to make sure he's getting the nutrition he needs...And it has replaced the other vitamins and the probiotics I was giving him.

By the way, that rep sounds pushy. I just signed up a few weeks ago and haven't even called anyone yet. I guess some people are pushier than others.

Jan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookesmom View Post
Thanks chellemarie and Brenda for the info. No way can I spend that kind of money right now on supplements, especially ones I might just replace with more fruits and veggies, which I'm going to do. Now to just get the rep off my back (and now I know why she keeps calling.)
Old 12-02-2006, 05:19 PM

The question as to whether JP is a worthwhile product hinges on 2 key points: (1) How much plant powder does it contain and (2) how well is the nutritional value of the source plant material preserved. The answers are simple but not easy to find.

First, JP contains a really small amount of plant powder derived from a very small amount of fresh plant material. Their basic concept is a stupid one because the essence of large amounts of fresh produce cannot be distilled down to 4 capsules. It’s just physically impossible.

Secondly, there is no reason to think that JP provides the nutrients from the plant material it contains. The manufacturer has to artificially add fortifying vitamins to the plant powder so that it will provide something of value, and even though distributors always talk about the thousands of phytonutrients in plants, JP has never been shown to contain any of them other than the ones that are added artificially.

These are plain and simple facts which clearly show that the product is essentially worthless; and yet NSA sells it an exorbitant price and customers are locked in to a 4 month 8-bottle purchase for no reason other than profit maximization. Together, these facts tell us that anyone who recommends the product is either doing so because they are profiting from it or they simply have not made any real effort to learn about what the product actually contains and have been duped by marketing hype. Anyone who even hints that this junk can cure diseases needs to have some sense smacked into them. : :

I couldn’t agree more with Chellmarie about how the money spent on JP could be better used by supporting a healthier diet or joining a gym. Those who can’t afford to burn money on useless purchases stand to be hurt in very real ways by buying JP.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:40 PM

Quote:
As for the independent studies, there are many--even more in the works right now.
No actually there are not. Although there are "studies", they sure aren't "independent studies". In almost every case, the studies were written and/or funded by the distributor/manufacturer and in most cases they did a terrible job of maintaining neutrality. The results were quite often bad or conflicting too, so it is pointless to merely point out that research exists without adressing what the research actually showed. We can't trust the way that NSA spins it either because they lie through their teeth, and most distributors don't know enough about scientific research to offer a meaningful opinion (not to mention that all they really want is our money). Those that haven't already read up on the product are encouraged to check the web links that were posted earlier on this thread. Here they are again

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juice_Plus
http://juiceplusresearch.blogspot.com
http://www.pregnancy-info.net/QA/ans...ng_Juice_Plus_
http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/1157...dID=637&tab=HC
http://www.environmentalnutrition.co.../150372-1.html
http://www.thedietchannel.com/Dietar...Juice-Plus.htm
http://www.skeptics.com.au/journal/2000/4_nutrition.pdf
http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/reprint/133/11/3725
http://www.berkeleywellness.com/html/ds/dsJuicePlus.php
http://www.berkeleywellness.com/subC.../2000/0011.pdf
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/p...-106/index.htm
http://www.gnld.com.au/downloads/gar...carotenoid.pdf
http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/NSA/juiceplus.html
http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/NSA/crf.html
Old 12-02-2006, 05:49 PM

This is the funnest thread I have read in a long long time.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:52 PM

Have you looked over the research? Here are just a few studies that have been published in medical journals:

Bioavalibility

Leeds ar, ferris EAE, Staley J, Ayesh R, Ross F.

Availability of micronutrients from dried, encapsulated fruit and vegetable preparations: a study in healthy volunteers. Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics 2000

(Study done at King's COllege in London

Findings: The study showed key antioxidant nutrients in both Juice Plus Orchard Blend and Garden Blend capsules were absorbed by the body. In only seven days increased blood levels of antioxidant micronutrients and reduction of a plasma measure of a lipid peroxidation were observed.

Circulatory Health

Plotnick GD, Corretti MC, Vogel RA, Hesslink R, Wise JA. Effect of supplemental phytonutrients on impairment of the flow-mediated brachial artery vasoactivity after a single high-fat meal. Journal of the American College of Cardiology 2003

Findings: Daily consumption of Juice Plus for as little as three weeks reduces the immediate adverse effect of high fat meals on blood flow compared to placebo.

Immune Function

Inserra PF, Jiang S, Sokoff D, Lee J, Zhang Z, Xu M, Hesslink R, Wise J, Watson RR. Immune Function in elderly smokers and nonsmokers improves during supplementation with fruit and vegetable extracts. Integrative Medicine 1999.

Findings: Daily consumption of Juice Plus effectively increased plasma levels of important antiobxidant nutrients and led to an improvement in selected markers for immune funtion in this elderly population.

There are many more--and many more in progress right now. I'm just not sure why anyone would say that Juice Plus is ineffective if they believe consumption fruits and veggies can indeed have a positive impact on health. If fruits and veggies are good for us, than how could Juice Plus capsules not be? And these studies are being published in MEDICAL JOURNALS. These journals are independent organizations--It's not like these studies are being put out by Juice Plus.

Here are some studies underway now:

University of Mississippi Medical Center-- Pregnancy Health

University of Texas --Nutritional status and quality of life in ovarian tumor survivors

Vanderbilt University-- Parameters of vascular wellness

Yale University-Griffin Hospital Prevention Research Center--Endothelial function in insulin resistant adults

University of FL -- Markers of immune function in healthy young adults

And many more...so more info will be coming out soon.

Quote:
The question as to whether JP is a worthwhile product hinges on one 2 key points: (1) How much plant powder does it contain and (2) how well is the nutritional value of the source plant material preserved. The answers are simple but not easy to find.

First, JP contains a really small amount of plant powder derived from a very small amount of fresh plant material. Their basic concept is a stupid one because the essence of large amounts of fresh produce cannot be distilled down to 4 capsules. It’s just physically impossible.

Secondly, there is no reason to think that JP provides the nutrients from the plant material it contains. The manufacturer has to artificially add fortifying vitamins to the plant powder so that it will provide something of value, and even though distributors always talk about the thousands of phytonutrients in plants, JP has never been shown to contain any of them other than the ones that are added artificially.

These are plain and simple facts which clearly show that the product is essentially worthless; and yet NSA sells it an exorbitant price and customers are locked in to a 4 month 8-bottle purchase for no reason other than profit maximization. Together, these facts tell us that anyone who recommends the product is either doing so because they are profiting from it or they simply have not made any real effort to learn about what the product actually contains and have been duped by marketing hype. Anyone who even hints that this junk can cure diseases needs to have some sense smacked into them. : :

I couldn’t agree more with Chellmarie about how the money spent on JP could be better used by supporting a healthier diet or joining a gym. Those who can’t afford to burn money on useless purchases stand to be hurt in very real ways by buying JP.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:28 PM

I have nothing against multi-level marketing, but I found that Juice Plus is mediocre at best. There is so much more stuff outthere that's way better and more beneficial.

And forgot to add: They are rip-offs.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:33 PM

I'm seriously wondering because I've looked into other products as well. I just signed up to be a distributor so it's not like I'm locked into anything, but I really believe it's the best and the most documented.

Is there something else I should be looking into?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janelovesmax View Post
I have nothing against multi-level marketing, but I found that Juice Plus is mediocre at best. There is so much more stuff outthere that's way better and more beneficial.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:39 PM

Quote:
I'm seriously wondering because I've looked into other products as well. I just signed up to be a distributor so it's not like I'm locked into anything, but I really believe it's the best and the most documented.

Is there something else I should be looking into?
It is absolutely depends on what you are looking for...
I can recommend 2 companies so far:

Waiora. They have a great compensation plan and I'm in love with their Natural Cellular Defense product.

Platinum Health Products. They sell an amazing green powders: Best of Greens, More Greens, as well as individual Spirulina, Chlorella, Daily Fiber Cleanse etc...Their product "Biofruit" is head and shoulders above JP.

Anyway, I'm sure "nutritionally savvy" mothers on this board can guide you into many different exciting directions.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:39 PM

hmm...who to believe...someone that sells the product or someone that trolls boards to argue about it and refuses to answer what her interest in the issue is...

V.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:41 PM

Quote:
If fruits and veggies are good for us, than how could Juice Plus capsules not be?
The question you should be asking is: if eating fruits and vegetables is good for us only when consumed by the pound (not by the teaspoon), how could taking capsules with the equivalent of a few grams of fruit and veg possibly offfer any benefits?

Quote:
And these studies are being published in MEDICAL JOURNALS.
Missing the point again. The issue is not whether studies have been published but what the studies actually showed. Anyone who wants to read a good balanced review of the research should check out the Wikipedia site.

Old 12-02-2006, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorian View Post
hmm...who to believe...someone that sells the product or someone that trolls boards to argue about it and refuses to answer what her interest in the issue is...
How about neither. Save belief for Church and use intellect and commonsense to figure this out.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:02 PM

Quote:
How about neither. Save belief for Church and use intellect and commonsense to figure this out.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:10 PM

Do you understand what Juice Plus is? It's concentrated...Also raw.

The studies have shown that Juice Plus does indeed have a positive impact on health.

I'm not saying everyone should buy it. But I don't like seeing that it's only sold this way or that. When I called my distributor and had her slow down my Complete shipments, it was no big deal. I realized I wasn't using them as fast as I thought, so spaced it out to every 6 months instead of every four. You can speed up or slow down the shipments at any time in order to meet your family's individual needs.

Well, I'm not going to keep sharing info here since it seems that it will only get more heated. Best of luck!

Quote:
The question you should be asking is: if eating fruits and vegetables is good for us only when consumed by the pound (not by the teaspoon), how could taking capsules with the equivalent of a few grams of fruit and veg possibly offfer any benefits?

Missing the point again. The issue is not whether studies have been published but what the studies actually showed. Anyone who wants to read a good balanced review of the research should check out the Wikipedia site.

Old 12-02-2006, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Do you understand what Juice Plus is? It's concentrated...
Of course I understand that it is concentrated! Do you understand that JP concentrates are made (according to NSA) by juicing fruits or vegetables and then removing the water, fiber, sugar, and sodium, and that the amount of concentrated powder in 4 JP capsules would correspond to considerably less than a half a serving of the real thing? Anyone can easily reach this same conclusion by performing some simple arithmetic on data available from the USDA.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:44 PM

I'm sensing a bit of a religious following toward Juice Plus, maybe this debate should be moved to spirituality.
Old 12-26-2006, 06:01 PM

Ok, all debating aside...

I've been on it for a month and a half. I have had the same kind of cold over and over three times since Thanksgiving. I have also had loose bm. My distributor is also a nutritionist and says this is all my body detoxing. Have any of you guys been through anything like this? I'm so sick of being sick, but if this is my body releasing stored toxins than I'll keep taking it in hopes that it eventually levels out, kwim?

Thanks in advance for any opinions on this.

T

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
Old 12-27-2006, 06:55 PM

Huh. I would have to say if you asked a nutritionist who wasn't peddling JP you'd get a very different answer. I doubt that it's causing your symptoms though. I's say it's unrelated FWIW.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post
Ok, all debating aside...

I've been on it for a month and a half. I have had the same kind of cold over and over three times since Thanksgiving. I have also had loose bm. My distributor is also a nutritionist and says this is all my body detoxing. Have any of you guys been through anything like this? I'm so sick of being sick, but if this is my body releasing stored toxins than I'll keep taking it in hopes that it eventually levels out, kwim?

Thanks in advance for any opinions on this.

T
While there is no reason to expect that JP would lessen or prevent cold symptoms or susceptibility, it is not at all surprising that JP caused you to have diarrhea. This is a widely reported side effect of the product. The detox story is simply a convenient fabrication from NSA, which is used to downplay the significance of side effects, and there is no direct evidence to support it.

Other reported adverse effects include hives/rashes, constipation, cramps, fever, nausea, and bloating. One study also reported respiratory tract, urinary, and musculoskeletal side effects in about one-third of people after taking JP for 7 days. Given the many other problems with JP, it’s hard to justify putting up with even a single mildly uncomfortable side effect.

My advice is: (a) don't believe anything that a JP distributor tells you about the product because they are invariably either lying or misinformed; and (b) abandon the JP experiment and try something else for your colds. If the colds are recurring often, you might want to get checked by your doctor if you haven’t already. You might have a case of bacterial sinusitis which could be easily confirmed with a nasal swab/culture.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

I am the OP and I haven't been keeping up w/this thread so WOW! am I surprised at what's been happening here.

I've not read all the replies but I do want to ask Brenda (in all seriousness) how do you know so much about this product and what it is *not*?

I really am trying to learn all I can about it. How do you get your information and why are you so passionate about it?

BTW, a pp talked about Waiora. I, too, like their product and use it.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
I am the OP and I haven't been keeping up w/this thread so WOW! am I surprised at what's been happening here.

I've not read all the replies but I do want to ask Brenda (in all seriousness) how do you know so much about this product and what it is *not*?

I really am trying to learn all I can about it. How do you get your information and why are you so passionate about it?

BTW, a pp talked about Waiora. I, too, like their product and use it.
Hi Annie,
I came to know a lot about this product because I was motivated to do some research after a friend tried to push JP on me. They raved about the breadth and quality of NSAs research and made wild claims about JP curing cancer and other diseases. They were also suspiciously defensive and seemed incapable of discussing the product objectively. The friend who tried to sell it to me had no training in healthcare, nutrition, or medicine, and everything they said about JP was mere rote repetition of company marketing dogma. I found it disturbing and offensive. I later read up on the published research and NSAs promotional claims and it quickly became obvious that virtually all of the claims about the product were false or misleading. NSA has never offered a reasonable reply to the many facts that weigh against the product, which is not surprising because the only truthful reply would be to admit that the criticism is valid and that they have been willfully exploiting the public’s trust.

As to your question about where I get my information, all of the JP research articles can be obtained through any decent university library, and one can learn about JP marketing by reviewing NSAs promotional materials, many of which are available on the internet. If I seem passionate, it is because it offends me deeply when self-interested liars argue against obvious facts and insist on pushing JP to seniors, cancer patients, pregnant women, and low-income families. Truth in advertising, especially health-related advertising, is something we all should be defending passionately.

User Tag List