Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
#122 of 132 Old 01-19-2007, 09:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post
What is NCD?
It's a Waioria product called Natural Cellular Defense. That's all I know about it and have not evaluated the product or any of its claims. If anyone knows more about it, perhaps they can start a new thread to discuss it...not here though please, we already have our hands full with JP
#123 of 132 Old 01-19-2007, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post
What is NCD?
Zeolite (NCD) Thread
#124 of 132 Old 01-22-2007, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda Damachuk View Post
Better still, why don’t we just acknowledge that any company that claims miraculous cures in the absence of evidence (or in the face of contradictory evidence) is dishonest, unethical, and violating the law …and then go from there.
Just to be sure I was clear, the only products that I have been "pitched on" that don't claim cures out of those were Nature's Sunshine and Juice Plus. Apparently some of the people selling Juice Plus don't follow the rule of not saying anything about cures though................
#125 of 132 Old 01-22-2007, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWife View Post
Just to be sure I was clear, the only products that I have been "pitched on" that don't claim cures out of those were Nature's Sunshine and Juice Plus. Apparently some of the people selling Juice Plus don't follow the rule of not saying anything about cures though................
It seems to me that disease prevention and treatment claims are at the core of Juice Plus marketing, and it’s not just the distributors that are doing it. Much of the drive to market Juice Plus using treatment/prevention claims (implied or explicit) stems directly from NSA. And regardless, the distributors are agents of NSA and it is NSAs legal responsibility to ensure that their representatives do not make illicit claims. And yet NSA seems to encourage such abuses, or at least does nothing to curb them. If NSA can’t or won’t control the claims that distributors make, then that is a very serious problem -- one that reflects badly on all those involved with the product.

I have seen claims made about Juice Plus for cancer, lupus, ADHD, multiple sclerosis, colds/flu, fibromyalgia, birth complications, arthritis, asthma, hypercholesterolemia, hypertension, allergies, and many other conditions. One doesn’t have to look very far for such evidence; a few hours searching on the internet turns up dozens of examples, and it is safe to guess that the claims being made offline are much more flagrant. If this product were being promoted honestly and fairly, then NSA would not focus their marketing so much on cancer and degenerative diseases. A nutritional supplement such as Juice Plus should be marketed simply as a source of nutrients, not a wonder-drug that can cure every disease known to mankind.
#126 of 132 Old 01-22-2007, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda Damachuk View Post
It's a Waioria product called Natural Cellular Defense. That's all I know about it and have not evaluated the product or any of its claims. If anyone knows more about it, perhaps they can start a new thread to discuss it...not here though please, we already have our hands full with JP
The best product I came across ever. Highly highly recommend it.
#127 of 132 Old 01-25-2007, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apmommy76 View Post
I was skeptical at first too!!! My pediatrician recommended it first when I switched to him about a year and a half ago. I said no, no again, and then we finally tried it after I did some research. Now I'm a believer!! We've been taking it for more than a year and I just signed up to be a distributor. I also wrote a review of the product at Bella:

Product Review: Juice Plus
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art36465.asp
It's interesting that the positive Juice Plus review written by apmommy76 (Jan) at bellaonline.com has been pulled. I am curious to know what prompted the article’s removal.

The original article that was posted can be found as a cached copy here.

Perhaps the article was deleted because of negative feedback. Those comments have also been deleted but are available as a cached copy here.
#128 of 132 Old 01-27-2007, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whateverdidiwants View Post
My PCP tried to push Juice Plus on me and after I did research I decided that it was a waste of money for me. I eat a healthy vegan diet and have perfect bloodwork, and there is nothing in the capsules that isn't already in my diet. Also, they aren't vegan - they use beef gelatin for their capsules.
Same here! but that is because he, like anyone else who talks about it that I know, SELLS IT. Just like a doctor giving the rap that the bigpharma rep gives him about a drug. Dr Sears sells it too. Juice plus may be wonderful, but I steer clear from MLM and hyped products because there is too much room for dishonesty.
#129 of 132 Old 05-25-2008, 11:33 AM

Wow...very interesting thread.

Juice Plus was recommended to me by my midwife for myself as well as my pediatrician ...

I have seen some of the info and it sounds good...

But for the naysayers...what vitamin supplement do you recommend or prefer over Juice Plus? I see folks saying they can just use the money to buy fruit...but how much fruit are you getting for under $1.50/day. I went to the veggie and fruit stand the other day and I think an apple alone was about $1.50...1 apple...lol...prices of everything are crazy right now.

Quite honestly I have not tried the Juice plus due to cost...I had to do Floradix iron supp during my pregnancy and that was expensive enough...so I have been just taking regular prenatals that I can get with a copay and I get my daughter over the counter vitamins.

This thread would have been so much more productive with suggestions of alternatives instead of the battle of who's research is right...

Almost crunchy but sometimes soggy, homeschooling mommy of 2. biggrinbounce.gif

I work from home and love showing others how to do it too!

http://www.empoweredhomeschooler.com  computergeek2.gif

#130 of 132 Old 05-25-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
But for the naysayers...what vitamin supplement do you recommend or prefer over Juice Plus? I see folks saying they can just use the money to buy fruit...but how much fruit are you getting for under $1.50/day. I went to the veggie and fruit stand the other day and I think an apple alone was about $1.50...1 apple...lol...prices of everything are crazy right now.
Well I think that Juice Plus isn't designed to be taken instead of fruit/veggies, but in addition to them. Even the company itself, I believe, doesn't recommend it as a replacement.

I would personally recommend not buying Juice Plus but instead buying as much fresh fruit and veggies as possible.

Brenda, I found your posts very enlightening and interesting.

Mom to dd (8), ds (6), and dd (1)

#131 of 132 Old 05-25-2008, 08:54 PM

prices of everything ARE crazy, but you have to understand that JP is a SUPPLEMENT. You are not replacing your veggies and fruit with it, just adding it in addition to. So you are still spending all that $ on fruit, and then buying a supplement which is being shot down left and right for their false claims. The biggest one for me being that it is "unfragmented." Can't tell you how many times I called the company and got no good answer on that one.

I have made many posts about what I do use. I use plenty of fresh fruit and veggies, as well as a green foods powder like Vitamineral Green or Nature's First Food. I put it in my kids smoothies along with freshly juiced greens. I also do a B supplement occasionally. CLO for A and D, and sometimes I'll do sea minerals with silver. I also enjoy my NaturalCalm.
#132 of 132 Old 05-27-2008, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinimommy View Post
I see folks saying they can just use the money to buy fruit...but how much fruit are you getting for under $1.50/day. I went to the veggie and fruit stand the other day and I think an apple alone was about $1.50...1 apple...lol...prices of everything are crazy right now.
Right, so if an apple costs $1.50/day and Juice Plus costs $1.37/day, how much fruit/veg do you think could possibly go into making Juice Plus? Obviously a lot less than an apple's worth. Even if the apples were bought at wholesale prices, the supplier markups, costs for manufacturing/packaging/marketing/distribution, and profit margins would have to be factored in. So what could you possibly be getting from Juice Plus for your $1.37/day? A teaspoon of dried apple juice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinimommy View Post
But for the naysayers...what vitamin supplement do you recommend or prefer over Juice Plus?...

This thread would have been so much more productive with suggestions of alternatives instead of the battle of who's research is right...
I have to admit, I don't like being referred to as a "naysayer". Sharing facts and calling a spade a spade is not naysaying; it's just rational/logical thinking.

There are many reasonable alternatives to Juice Plus. You can get a good complete multivitamin for under 5 to 8 cents a day (check Vons.com). If you are looking for something other than a traditional multivitamin, Jarrows makes an excellent green food supplement, and GNC makes some decent looking mixed fruit/veg supplements as well. There are also lot's of inexpensive encapsulated whole fruit extracts like cherry, bilberrry, pomegranate, cranberry; as well as other types of natural antioxidant supplements like green tea extract.

All of these products are available through conventional retail for a fraction of the cost of Juice Plus and are much better value, all things considered. They all provide a complete list of ingredients and amounts (unlike Juice Plus). And lastly, they aren't sold by con artists who make ridiculous claims about preventing and curing diseases (like Juice Plus).

Who knows if any of these products have real benefits, but at least they are better value and more honestly marketed than Juice Plus; and there are probably many other examples.

Here's an interesting article on choosing multivitamins. It was written in 2000 but it still applies today.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m..._61352966/pg_1

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page