Join Date: Oct 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
"one of my favourite pasta recipes is dirt cheap and really tasty....
1 can whole Italian tomatoes
4 garlic cloves (crushed)
1 1/2 tablespoons dried basil (can use fresh)
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Penne noodles (or anyother noodle)
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Reserving the liquid, drain can of italian Tomatoes. Spread tomatoes on a shallow pan and cut each in half (cut side up). Sprinkle with the crushed garlic, a tbsp of oil, salt and the basil. Place in oven and bake for 1 hour.
3. In the last 10 minutes add the retained liquid that was in the can.
4. Boil pasta and cut feta into small cubes.
5. When tomatoes are finished baking they will be burnt a bit (that's what you want),transfer all to a small bowl and crush with fork. Add the rest of the oil.
6. Pour the tomato mixture hot pasta and toss.
i made this for supper last week. it was so awesome! thank you!!!
My favorite cheap meal is potato pancakes. I grate a bunch of potatoes (6-7) on the biggest setting (it's also really good finely grated but I don't have the patience, lol!!). I then add an egg or two, about a teaspoon of baking powder, a few shakes of salt and up to a cup of flour to hold it together. Cook on high heat until crispy and cooked through. Very yummy with ketchup or butter or molasses. I figure it's about 50 cents a batch and there's always leftovers.
I have tons more but most have already been listed. Most soups, sandwiches, chowders and rice or pasta dishes are under $2.
Mama to Emma (7) and Sarah (5)
Oh yeah.... now your talking
I love Sushi and once you have everything in the house then it is really cheap to make... I buy Nori in a 50 sheet pack for 10$ CND... For rice I just buy any store brand "Calrose" rice...
You can put whatever you want in it and it is so tasty and healthy...
|Meal Planning , Frugality , Budget|
|26 members and 7,502 guests|
|AlmostJenny , bluefaery , crazytownmama , Crimson8 , girlspn , katelove , Katie Bugs Mama , lilmissgiggles , LiLStar , mammafairy , Milk8shake , MomtoRyan , moominmamma , OSTC , prosciencemum , SandiMae , sarafl , Smithdiana924 , spiderdust , Springshowers , Tigerle , VS Angela|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 01:21 PM.|