Is raw milk cheese safe? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-05-2003, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I bought goat milk cheese from the health food store because ds is dairy-allergic (want tot try this) and after dh fed it to him I saw it was made from RAW milk! I am worried- he is just a baby- 13 months-- is this safe? I won't feed it to him again, but is it OK for us adults to eat?

I grew up on raw milk fresh from the cows on a small dairy farm, but they were our cows and times were different... this was a commercial product. Please help!

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2003, 01:49 PM

Some would argue that raw milk is the only milk people should consume. That your ds's allergies may be caused by the homogenization/pasturization process. Check out this link: http://www.westonaprice.org/cgi-scri...se=Insensitive

Whether you subscribe to that school of thought or not, I wouldn't worry. If your ds didn't get sick right away he's probably fine. I didn't introduce dairy (even yogurt) until age 2, but that's not because I think it's bad. DD just had very little interest in solids at all until then and I was very meticulous with food introduction.
Old 04-06-2003, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Lisa. My daughter also had little interest in solids before about 18mos. My son, in spite of being bf on demand (and he nurses a lot) also grabs our food and demands solids. I am having to deal with these food issues and find things to feed him...

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right

User Tag List