WW Pizza Dough Recipe? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-10-2003, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any one have a good recipe for WW pizza dough? I want to make some but I don't have any recipes. I am thinking about winging it, but thought it would be best to start with a recipe.

I just pulled another awesome loaf of bread out of the oven, so I feel overly confident about by bread making skills. Seems like a little water and yeast with a bit of salt and then ww flour until in it in a nice ball would work?

I was thinking:
3/4c water and some yeast
1 tsp of salt
2-3 cups of flour or so

Suggestions?

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#2 of 4 Old 04-11-2003, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I made it for lunch today and it is wonderful! We have a baking stone that is just the right size and made the crust extra yummy.

Here's what I did:

almost 1c water
1 pack yeast
2 1/2 cups flour
1+ tsp of sea salt

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#3 of 4 Old 04-11-2003, 01:05 PM

I'm like you in that I don't really measure anything, but your proportions sound about right. However, I do add olive oil and sometimes dried herbs. This is the only dough that I like to make in the mixer because it is wetter and stickier than bread dough.
If you want a truly excellent flavored dough, try letting it rise in the refrigerator overnight. I think you can do this with active dry yeast, but I'm not sure because I always use instant yeast.
Saundra
#4 of 4 Old 04-11-2003, 06:24 PM

Here's my crust recipe:

Pizza Crust
This whole wheat crust taste delicious without oil or sweeteners. Plan to make this crust at least two hours before you need to use it.

1 teaspoon dry yeast
1/2 cup warm water
2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried, crushed rosemary
3/4 cups warm water

Sprinkle yeast in 1/2 cup warm water. Let sit 5-10 minutes until foamy. In large mixing bowl, mix flour, salt, and herbs. Add yeast mixture and stir. Knead in remaining water a little at a time until the dough holds together but is not gooey. With wet hands on a wet surface, continue to knead dough for 10 minutes. Dough will stretch without breaking when ready. Form dough into a ball and place in bowl and cover with a plate or damp towel. Let sit in warm place for 1 hour until doubled in size. Push down dough and form a ball. Roll out on floured board.
Note: This crust may be refrigerated or frozen. Push down dough and gently form into a ball. Place dough in plastic bag or airtight container. When ready to use, place dough in bowl and cover with plate or plastic wrap. Thaw in refrigerator or at room temperature until soft.

Makes 1 large pizza.

Cathe Olson, author The Vegetarian Mother's Cookbook, Simply Natural Baby Food, and LIck It! Creamy Dreamy Vegan Ice Creams Your Mouth Will Love.  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page