dairy allergy toddler - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-14-2003, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK ya'll - I need some help. My 1 yo is allergic to dairy. He has been exclusively breastfed until I introduced baby food. I have to read labels very carefully. I have omitted dairy from my diet for the most part. If I go out and eat pizza with regular cheese it doesn't bother him. It's only when it builds up in my system that he has problems. Anyway, as he is growing and begining to eat table foods I am at a los for dairy free snacks. EVERYTHING in teh grocery store has some sort of dairy in it. Since we don't know the severity of his allergy yet (and don't want to push it) I want to find some good snacks and "fun food" for him without dairy (and preferably without having to make something totally from scratch). Do you know of any good websites where I can order dairy free foods?
Thanks
Kelly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2003, 09:02 PM

There are plenty out there... Crackers with peanut butter... Depends on what else do you avoid??? I shop regular grocery store and farmers market and once in awhile I make the hour hike (one way) to the health food store for Rice milk and such...

Veggie Chips, Crackers with Peanut butter, there are some cereals which are dairy free... Kellogs is a good one to check out... Like the cheerios are dairy free. Fruit and veggies... My 1 yr old is avoiding wheat, dairy, and certain spices he LOVES: pears, peaches, apples (thin sliced so he can bite it), grapes (halves), veggie chips, crispix, peas, grean beans. I always try to keep some easy leftovers in a small container to be a quick snack.
Old 04-14-2003, 11:08 PM

I got ya covered!

I have a list of dairy-free products and companies who make dairy-free stuff on my website. http://www.vegfamily.com/product-reviews/index.htm

There are so many new products out nowadays that don't contain dairy. You will be amazed. Check out the ice creams and frozen meals too for convenience.

Good luck!
Old 04-15-2003, 12:50 AM

Pretzels come in all shapes and sizes... You can use them to dip, too!

Nut butter on thin apple slices, baby carrots (or other raw veggies), cold pasta tubes, rice crackers, some kids of flavored rice cakes...

DS: 18 DD: 15 DD: 8  angel1.gif 11/10  angel1.gif 4/11
  adoptionheart-1.gifDD: 3  angel1.gif 8/11

User Tag List