Food ideas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-28-2006, 04:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am trying to wean my DD - 12 months. She eats a lot for breakfast, and eats with us at dinner, but for lunch I just don't know. She doesn't eat bread very well, so a sandwich is out of the question. That is about all I can come up with. She only has her two bottom teeth, so she doesn't really chew or take bites. I would really like to have her weaned before I have my new baby (not until June). I am not really interested in tandum nursing. Also, any ideas for snacks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 10-28-2006, 10:06 AM

Yes, 12 months is a little young for sandwiches. IMO, it's a little young for scheduled meals like that at all. Especially since she only has two teeth, it might be hard getting enough food -- and enough nutrition -- into her without nursing. I know that's not what you want to hear, but chances are you won't get a lot of support here for weaning at such a young age -- many of the MDC mamas believe in extended BFing and/or child-led weaning. You should probably try to nurse as long as you can -- June is a ways off.

Some good early foods are avocado, banana, sweet potato, hard-boiled egg yolk (no white until after a year), apple- or pearsauce, winter squashes, very soft cooked beans.
#3 of 3 Old 10-29-2006, 12:17 AM - Thread Starter

You are right. I should just let things happen naturally. Thanks.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page