Coffee Freaks - wondering about vacuum coffee makers... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-11-2007, 12:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DH and I are definitely coffee nuts and we've been noticing lately that the coffee coming out of our coffee pot is not quite up to par. We buy good coffee, but it's just not tasting as good as we get at some of our favorite (local) coffee shops. Anyway, we're thinking about getting a better coffee pot. Honestly, our coffee pot is just a general run of the mill coffee maker, at least 5 years old and probably was under $30. So, we're looking at the Bodum 3000 Vacuum Coffee Maker with Timer, but it's made from plastic and I have reservations about my coffee being totally made in a plastic vessel. On the other hand, it looks like it would make a pretty good cup of coffee. Any suggestions? Anyone try a vacuum coffee maker?

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2007, 02:38 AM

My DH had the B&D vacuum for a few years (it just finally broke). He thinks it's one of the best coffee makers available. The french press is also good, but more difficult to clean. He says both are way better than drip. (And he is a coffee hound for sure!).
hth,
-Erin

Momma to 8 y.o. DS and 5 y.o. DD. Married to a Maker!

Old 02-11-2007, 02:55 AM

My mom used to have stainless steel vacuum coffee pot.

We got it at a yard sale
Old 02-11-2007, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I went ahead and ordered it last night. We found a super deal on an open box brand new Bodum 3000. I researched the material that it's made of and it's a super hard plastic, polycarbonate I think. We'd prefer glass, but the glass ones are so much more complicated. I'd rather an electric timer one. Thanks for the info!

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)

User Tag List