Our 28 Day Sugar Fast - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-30-2007, 09:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have noticed that I do better about the chocolate chip temptation when I put them way up high in our cupboard, where I pretty much need a stool to get them! Good for you and good luck!

I've been more conscientious of using less sugar, and trying to have healthier snacks for my family. I mostly sweeten things with honey or maple syrup, and have been baking much more seldom. This is a good reminder to keep working on that!

Carlyn - loving and caring for my family.
Married 13 years, mama to 12 (boy), 8, 6, 4, 1 (girls)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2007, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlyn View Post
I have noticed that I do better about the chocolate chip temptation when I put them way up high in our cupboard, where I pretty much need a stool to get them! Good for you and good luck!
I actually took them out of the kitchen alltogether. I have a big wicker basket (size of a laundry basket) with the "overflow" from my cupboards (my kitchen is tiny)... ya know, the stuff that hasn't been opened yet, all the backup. I tossed the chocolate chips in there so I wouldn't be tempted.

The other stuff (rice, oats, flour, sugar) are on the top shelf where I can't reach them though.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

Old 06-30-2007, 10:58 PM

This is my new plan: until Tuesday, I am going to be very careful of how much sugar I am eating, and really try to limit it. On Tuesday, I will guiltlessly eat my birthday cake. After that, it's back to no sugar for me and I'm not going to cave halfway through like last time. No sense going through the hardest part again and again!

My plan for when I walk into the pantry and stare longingly at the shelf that used to hold my chocolate, which I regularly ate when the kids were "stressing me out", is to take that moment to breath deep, or do some other destressing act.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wife&mommy View Post
Thanks cristeen. We are currently trying to be dairy free as well since DS is sensitive to i. I do limit my fruit intake already simply because I don't like that many fruits. But you are right, it likes any sugar it can get! But less has to be better! I not so long ago was a soda addict but I've cut that out so that was a big step for me. Bread is my next favorite food so that one is really hard, but luckily I do like whole wheat. I just have to limit it and try to eat as little as possible of it. I would like to mostly cut the habits not just to foods so that's what I'm ultimately going for.
I'm making soup for dinner. Normally I would have bread with it but we are skipping that tonight of course.
The deal with grains is that any grain that is not in the "whole grain" state converts to sugars/requires the same insulin. If you eat something that has Whole wheat or whole oats, etc. as the first ingredient, then it will not do the same thing as processed grains in your body. I eat Ezekial bread since it is made from several whole grains. The fiber actually LOWERS your blood sugars and helps to lose weight for a variety of reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendtoall View Post
This is my new plan: until Tuesday, I am going to be very careful of how much sugar I am eating, and really try to limit it. On Tuesday, I will guiltlessly eat my birthday cake. After that, it's back to no sugar for me and I'm not going to cave halfway through like last time. No sense going through the hardest part again and again!

My plan for when I walk into the pantry and stare longingly at the shelf that used to hold my chocolate, which I regularly ate when the kids were "stressing me out", is to take that moment to breath deep, or do some other destressing act.
That sounds very, very wise. Good for you!

I am going thru detox and have had a couple of anxiety waves, like, "how am I going to live without chocolate? Seriously?" Then I felt depressed, then I drank a water and had some popcorn...not the same but got me thru.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:00 AM

Okay, I'm back after a day+ of avoidance. I'm just depressed about the diet. I mean, b'fast and lunch are simple. Got it. My kids ate a bowl each of horrible tasting steel cut oats w/vanilla & cinnamon and liked it. Tomorrow, we're doing muffin cups. Lunch is fine.

Snacks and dinners are killing me. I started giving them rice cakes and matzo bread and I KNOW this is bad. I KNOW it. But, I can't let them have a banana or an apple. I can't keep letting them have brown rice seasoned b/bean soup w/butter for snacks b/c then, yeah God knows, they'll probl. get allergic to rice. They say no to sweet pot fries and are sick of veggies. This is HARD.

Tonight, we went out to Mexican food and blew it. I told them chips & salsa OR cheese. So, they had chips and then a beef enchilada.
UGH my ds w/yeast got hyper from that.

okay, I gotta run, they're done w/stories w/Grandma and it's bedtime.

I am depressed--no breads or fruit. Really, I can give up the refined sugar that I am consciously aware of. Yeah, I cheated once today on a pc of cheesecake but I take responsibility for that. aighhhh Okay, I will be back tomorrow and read over the new posts. Ezekial bread--what's that????

ugh, the dog reeks and my whole room reeks. eek, bedtime bye to everyone and Death to Sugar!
Old 07-01-2007, 12:13 AM

Hi ladies... may I join you? :

I have a number of reasons for needing to cut sugar from my diet which include yeast overgrowth, cavities, another roll on my stomach, etc....

The thing is.... I seriously don't know if I can do it!

I drink 2 cans of pop a day! : I don't know what I'll do without my Coke! :

Seriously though, I really WANT to cut sugar out, I'm just afraid!

I think what I'm going to do is give myself a week to wean from pop and a lot of sugar and then cut it out completely. I know if I stop drinking pop cold turkey I'll have a massive migraine, which just isn't worth it to me.

I plan on starting with refined sugars and allowing myself the sugars in grains and fruits. Or is that a dumb plan?

I just wanted to say beansavi that I seriously laughed a lot reading that you strolled over to the diabetic section looking for something!

Nicole, mom of 3. Mitochondrial Disease.: Epilepsy
Old 07-01-2007, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3peanuts View Post
Seriously though, I really WANT to cut sugar out, I'm just afraid!

I think what I'm going to do is give myself a week to wean from pop and a lot of sugar and then cut it out completely. I know if I stop drinking pop cold turkey I'll have a massive migraine, which just isn't worth it to me.

I plan on starting with refined sugars and allowing myself the sugars in grains and fruits. Or is that a dumb plan?
Welcome!! You can do it!

How about finding another source of caffeine? My DH is a caffeine addict, so I have to make him coffee every morning, and we have Excedrin and NO-Doz in the house as well for when he gets a headache. Black tea, green tea and white tea all also have caffeine in them. You could start off by replacing one Coke a day with something else caffeinated, and work your way up.

You do what feels right for you. Like beansavi pointed out, whole grains are less of a problem than refined "white" grains, so I would suggest trying that. I believe that's what bean is eating right now (fruits and grains). I'm eating fruits and unrefined sugars (maple, honey) but no grains, and BusyMommy is eating some grains and no fruits. We've all individualized this for our families, so feel free to do the same.

BusyMommy
- I know you can have eggs, can you have nuts? corn? For snacks, how about flavored nuts/seeds? popcorn? deviled eggs? There are dozens of different ways to flavor each of them to keep them from getting boring.

Have you ever made jerky? That can be a good snack. I have a recipe for nut crackers if you can have nuts. Nut/seed butter in a celery stick? How about a bean salad? There's any number of variations, you can mix it with corn or cous-cous or rice. You can use any number of different beans. Just keep changing it. How about a sweet potato salad (like a potato salad), or another veggie salad (broccoli comes to mind) that's ready-to-eat? We were talking about pork rinds... those make a pretty good snack, nice and crunchy and salty, way more protein than potato chips. Scotch eggs are another "fun" option for breakfast, but would also make a decent snack.

Elimination diets are tough.

HTH

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

Old 07-01-2007, 11:34 AM

3Peanuts: try Mate for a caffeine alternative
I have morning coffee but then switch to teas. I splurged and bought several bulk teas & keep them stored on the coffee bar in glass jars. I also splurged : and bought some cute tea balls (Frontier Co-op is fun) for variety.

Cristeen, YES, jerky is an AWESOME idea. They love it. But, I'm sure the kind we can buy is full of stuff.So...my new resolve to go fishing and dipnetting once we're home should solve that issue. Never thought of that.
Yeah, I need to get a stock of recipes and ideas so I can pull one off quickly. It's such a whole new way of thinking. ANd, nope, no nuts or corn for us. At least for a month.

okay, the breakfast egg muffin timer just dinged ciao
Old 07-01-2007, 11:54 AM

I'm so excited about joining you! I am going to sub to this thread and be back in a few days...we're christening the boys today, and I'm not willing to give up on my cake that I made so lovingly for them...so after today, I'll be back and hopefully give and take information and encouragement!

You are inspirational to me - thank you!

Mama to H (6) B (3) : A (1)
Old 07-01-2007, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristeen View Post
I'll send it into the office with DH (his colleagues love me : ) so I don't hoover it up myself. Oftentimes just the act of licking the bowl/spatula/beater is enough for me. I even bought special dishes just for DH to transport baked goods to his office.

There are times when I just want to *make* something, I don't even have the desire to eat it. I make it, package it up and send it to my boys. I very rarely keep any of it at home because I know I will binge on it whether I really *want* it or not.

Ah, yes, that's it right there. I LOVE baking. I can pass up any store bought snacks easily. We never have them in the house. But, I love to make cookies, treats, etc and I associate a whole 40 year long tradition w/it.
On today's run I realized it really isn't all or nothing for the rest of our lives. After this month, I CAN make a batch of something as an occasional treat & bring most of it out as a party favor or w/dh to work.
And, after this month, maybe ds CAN have an apple in his lunch for a snack. It's such a huge learning curve. I do think he's having more yeast die off b/c he is SUPER grumpy & lethargic today.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniedb View Post
I'm so excited about joining you! I am going to sub to this thread and be back in a few days...we're christening the boys today,!
Welcome! Have an awesome day--how fun!
Old 07-01-2007, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porenn View Post
I'm sorry- introducing myself makes me nervous, so I tend to ramble- who knew it would carry over onto a chat board!
Hi--welcome!! PLEASE ramble away!

Man, I need to figure out multiple quotes...
Old 07-01-2007, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansavi View Post
Cristeen, I forget which brand the cranberries are...but I WILL look tomorrow when I go to the GS.
OMG I forgot...I saw some dried cranberries at the store a couple of days ago. ANd, of course, I have spaced the brand. But, they were different; ie. whole berries w/absolutely no sweetener.

again, sorry, I'm spamming today
Old 07-01-2007, 02:46 PM

I am starting to do a little better yesterday and today, although still eating everything in sight, just to keep sugar out of my mouth. Will try to get through today and focus on eating less food in general tomorrow.
I had that little bit of Peanut Butter 2 days ago and wasn't going to beat myself up for it, but ended up going on a rampage. I ate all the chocolate bits in the kiddos' trail mix!
I did great yesterday until late at night when dd decided that she wanted to stay up until 11pm. I got into snacking on some sweets, they were "sugar free" but laden with gross stuff am sure. Part of it is I am not in my own house right now. We are on holiday for the month (almost over) and they have stuff in thier house we would never buy. So, the temptations are greatly increased.
Am so thankful for this thread, and reading everyone's journey through this is encouraging! Once I get to my own home again I will have to try some new tactics and recipes.
We are also dairy, egg, gluten and wheat free, although, my husband and 2 older ds's aren't as much, mostly me and the 2 little ones. Makes things more difficult especially when we are eating at other people's homes, can't be too picky, ya know?
Old 07-01-2007, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMommy View Post
Cristeen, YES, jerky is an AWESOME idea. They love it. But, I'm sure the kind we can buy is full of stuff.So...my new resolve to go fishing and dipnetting once we're home should solve that issue. Never thought of that.
Yeah, I need to get a stock of recipes and ideas so I can pull one off quickly. It's such a whole new way of thinking. ANd, nope, no nuts or corn for us. At least for a month.
Yes, most commercial jerky is full of crap. Like HFCS. :

Hmm... no dairy, no nuts, no corn. How about edamame as a snack? They're high in protein and not processed at all. If you get the kind that are frozen in the pod it also keeps the kids busy for a while popping them out of the pods. They just have to be boiled about 5 minutes.

Stuffed mushrooms? artichokes? onions? They can be stuffed with grain or meat or seafood or beans or veggies or a combination.

You can make a faux rice with grated (shredded) cauliflower. I've used it in fried rice, and know someone who used it instead of rice to make sushi. On it's own it's pretty bland, but mixed with something that will give it flavor...

I'm guessing you can't have potatoes, but you can have sweet potatoes. How about sweet potato pancakes? Sweet potato hashbrowns? Sweet potato croquettes? Mashed sweet potatoes? Roasted, baked, pan fried... Slice a sweet potato into rounds about an inch thick, steam it just until tender then pan fry it until it forms a crust, sprinkle it with a little cinnamon... I'm making myself hungry.

How about crab/shrimp/tuna/salmon cakes?

Can you have any grain other than rice and oats? Buckwheat? Barley? Quinoa? Millet? Can you have beans other than black? white? red? pinto? mung? lentils? chickpeas?

I've used oat flour to good effect in things calling for small amounts of flour as a binder. Chickpea flour is another one that could be used.

I've made chips out of jicama. They have way more water in them than potatoes, so they shrink like crazy, but they made for a nice change.

How about a sweet potato and meat casserole? Shepherd's pie style maybe.

Quiches or fritattas can make a nice meal or snack (breakfast, lunch, dinner, doesn't matter), and can be served hot or cold.

Stews can be a good lunch or dinner, and leftovers could be used to make a shepherd's pie.

Hopefully there's something there you can use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniedb View Post
I'm so excited about joining you! I am going to sub to this thread and be back in a few days...we're christening the boys today, and I'm not willing to give up on my cake that I made so lovingly for them...so after today, I'll be back and hopefully give and take information and encouragement!
Welcome! Good to have more people joining us.

Quote:
I realized it really isn't all or nothing for the rest of our lives. After this month, I CAN make a batch of something as an occasional treat & bring most of it out as a party favor or w/dh to work.
It's such a huge learning curve.
Right. For now it's about learning what works for you. Once you can start adding things back in, life will get easier, but in the meantime that doesn't mean you all have to be bored.

Maybe if you make a list of what you *can* have, that might help you to be more creative. Concentrating on what you can't have can be very depressing.

Quote:
To the right of the "Quote" button, there's a button labeled "+ Click that on every post you want to quote, then hit the "Reply" button at the bottom of the page.

Quote:
OMG I forgot...I saw some dried cranberries at the store a couple of days ago. ANd, of course, I have spaced the brand. But, they were different; ie. whole berries w/absolutely no sweetener.
That's ok. If you see them again, I'm happy for the info. I've been looking for them for years because i"m too lazy to dry them myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by splunky View Post
I did great yesterday until late at night when dd decided that she wanted to stay up until 11pm. I got into snacking on some sweets, they were "sugar free" but laden with gross stuff am sure.
If they were sweets and labeled "sugar free" they probably had maltitol or sorbitol in them. Be careful with those. Too much can put you into "gastric distress" which is very unpleasant (not life-threatening, but you'll sure wish you'd just die already ). But yes, just because they're "sugar-free" doesn't make them good for you.

Hopefully once you get home it'll be a little easier for you to plan ahead for the munchies. I usually do a big "cooking" once a week during the weekend. Last week it was BBQing a tri-tip, a london broil and 5 ears of corn along with my usual melon prep. This week it was chopping 2 melons (a cantaloupe and a honeydew), making broccoli salad, bean soup (I accidentally overcooked the beans while I was on the phone so they're only good for soup now), watermelon juice, pineapple juice, I made curry from scratch last night for dinner (have plenty of leftovers), and tonight will BBQ some pork steaks and zucchini that will give us leftovers as well (leftovers wind up lunches). If I don't plan ahead, I either won't eat lunch or will eat something I shouldn't be eating.

Old 07-01-2007, 10:11 PM

Hi all.
I did pretty good today. No soda or juice at all, no sweets. We did have homemade fried rice for dinner though so that we could use up all of our veggies but that isn't too bad and is still on the right track for me. I planned our meals for next week and will go shopping for them tomorrow so it should get easier. If I have things planned I have no problem following them, its just when I don't have them planned and start thinking about "what can i eat" that I get into trouble.
I'm glad to see you all doing so well. I hope I can be right there with you soon. I'm working on it!

Mama to (DS 7) and (DD 5), wife to DH

Old 07-01-2007, 10:22 PM

Cristeen-a gazillion awesome ideas--thank you! :

I will be able to try lots of them. I drooled at the sweet pot rounds fried w/cinnamon...
Old 07-01-2007, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Hi--welcome!! PLEASE ramble away!

It took me a year to realize all you do is hit the third button w/ the little quotation marks on it, then hit the "post" button when you have clicked all the ones you want to quote (they turn orange).

Anyway! Having a crappy moody day! Day ten and I feel like a serious addict. Back to thinking about chocolate...but it feels more like a mind thing not a body thing...like a longtime habit using sugar as a way to relax. Like a druuuuug. :

Sorry not too chatty tonite.

Be back tomorrow,

~Grouchy-Bean
Old 07-02-2007, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Anyway! Having a crappy moody day! Day ten and I feel like a serious addict. Back to thinking about chocolate...but it feels more like a mind thing not a body thing...like a longtime habit using sugar as a way to relax. Like a druuuuug. :

I fired up the BBQ for dinner tonight since the kitchen is a mess. : It's the end of the shopping week so I needed to clean out the crisper drawer. I grilled sausage and cheese stuffed mushrooms, zucchini planks, thinly sliced (paper thin) marinated pork steaks, and then some cherry tomatoes and red onion to chop up and toss in my bean soup. Now my tummy is happy. I think I'm in love with my BBQ.

So what did you have for dinner?

Old 07-02-2007, 02:42 AM

so i'm in.

i am very into my sugar. It just keeps getting worse too. I feel the NEED to eat it after i eat anything else. breakfast, lunch and dinner. My nose has been runny for over a week. My mom, who was formerly hypoglocymic is now diabetic. My intestines have felt all weird and i just know that i am not healthy.

no sugar. That should help me wean off of caffeine too. coffee without sugar isn't really good.

courtney

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:12 AM

Ooooh multiple quotes...now where's the smiley of a monkey learning technology....ooohooohoooh :

Quote:
Anyway! Having a crappy moody day! Day ten and I feel like a serious addict.
Yep, this is day 8 and I'm seriously depressed and hung up on food. I called my dh last night and whined about it b/c I had just cheated and had a pc of the chocolate pie my Mom bought. Well, I suppose I'm in a better mood now, new day and all that. I can honestly and totally tell I have an issue. At 5pm I'm absolutely jonesin' for a glass of wine. Not for the alcohol, but for the sugar.
My kids have been doing fabulous. I can tell it's working b/c ds w/the yeast overgrowth has a headache and is out of energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristeen View Post
It's the end of the shopping week so I needed to clean out the crisper drawer. I grilled sausage and cheese stuffed mushrooms, zucchini planks, thinly sliced (paper thin) marinated pork steaks, and then some cherry tomatoes and red onion to chop up and toss in my bean soup. Now my tummy is happy. I think I'm in love with my BBQ.

?
Awesome I just ordered a stainless grill colander so I can toss all the veggies and grill them w/o teflon or metal. AND, I ordered a cedar fish plank but am not quite sure hot it'll work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelysmommy View Post
so i'm in.

That should help me wean off of caffeine too. coffee without sugar isn't really good.

courtney
Welcome!!

Ah, I love me coffee I'm fully allowing myself that cheat every morning. But I never got in the sweet coffee habit b/c I'm too cheap. For awhile I got used to ordering Mochas at the coffee shop and they are TOTALLY addicting and $$$. I have changed to rice milk, though.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Ooooh multiple quotes...now where's the smiley of a monkey learning technology....ooohooohoooh :

Yep, this is day 8 and I'm seriously depressed and hung up on food. I called my dh last night and whined about it b/c I had just cheated and had a pc of the chocolate pie my Mom bought. Well, I suppose I'm in a better mood now, new day and all that. I can honestly and totally tell I have an issue. At 5pm I'm absolutely jonesin' for a glass of wine. Not for the alcohol, but for the sugar.
My kids have been doing fabulous. I can tell it's working b/c ds w/the yeast overgrowth has a headache and is out of energy.

Ah, I love me coffee I'm fully allowing myself that cheat every morning. But I never got in the sweet coffee habit b/c I'm too cheap. For awhile I got used to ordering Mochas at the coffee shop and they are TOTALLY addicting and $$$. I have changed to rice milk, though.
Okay your first sentence up there is hilarious!:

I am glad ds is moving thru the changes... also thanks for sharing how you are feeling...I am right there with ya'. Last night I had a scoop of ice cream that was "no sugar added". What a crock. We all know it has sugar, right?! At least it was only one scoop? I am trying to be patient with myself, and loving. I think it's a good practice because my using food as a drug is not very loving, so realizing my addiction is much larger than I thought is a good thing, I guess.

And mocha lattes? HE** yes! I was so addicted to them I drank them throughout the end of my pregnancy with my third (now 17 months). Ahem. I wonder why he was born 10 lbs 6 oz????

I still have a cup of coffe every morning with milk and Splenda. I would eventually like to not use artificial sweetner... but, um...
Old 07-02-2007, 11:56 AM

One sip at a time...

ahh now that I'm full of bacon and have dropped even more money on new kitchen tools (stainless sheets), I'm off to run on the beach. Bet it's already 87'. :

Yeah, I think it's best to see it as an addiction. It takes up too much mental space & control of our actions & emotions.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
One sip at a time...

ahh now that I'm full of bacon and have dropped even more money on new kitchen tools (stainless sheets), I'm off to run on the beach. Bet it's already 87'. :

Yeah, I think it's best to see it as an addiction. It takes up too much mental space & control of our actions & emotions.
Run on the beach? You lucky dog!
Old 07-02-2007, 05:25 PM

Good time today, even. There was a cute young chickie out AND a scrumptious looking older man so I was vain and pushed my pace. I've actually lost weight on this diet--how awesome!! ALthough I may have sweated out a few more this morning--I about died.

Looked at our store today for jicama, edamame beans & anchovy paste. Why am I not surprised they don't have them.
I also bought chicken strips to freeze for our flights tomorrow. I hope security doesn't think they're a bomb. Hard to find 28 Day Sugar Fast food at the airports.

Back to being optimistic about the diet. Kids had an awesome (to them) b'fast of bacon and eggs--no milk or cheese. Grilled asparagus, salad and left over steak for lunch.

Interestingly...thought about this on my run...dsY(yeast) was having strong w/drawal symptoms. Ds2 has absolutely NO change in attitude or actions since starting the diet. He has NO yeast at all. And, even more interesting , ds2 (no Y) has a sweet tooth whereas dsY really doesn't care for refined sugar treats. Body knows best?
Old 07-02-2007, 09:51 PM

Pretty good today for me. I had cabbage and chicken today for lunch with a tiny serving of noodles, they were the Japanese kind but I'm not sure of the brand, we were out. It seemed like the healthiest option given where we were. Dinner was supposed to be fish, but when I went to the store today they didn't have it out yet, so we had burgers for dinner and I had mine on Ezekiel bread. It's different but I actually liked it. I also had a salad that was very good. No sweets. And I forgot to eat breakfast today, oops!
How did everyone else do today?

Mama to (DS 7) and (DD 5), wife to DH

Old 07-03-2007, 01:46 AM

Quote:

DH won't drink coffee anymore unless it ha the flavored creamer. we buy two of the big ones at a time.

my first day sucked. i ha two sips of sprite which i never have , one m and ma, and a little package of gummy bears. so i guess i start tomorrow. i really need to go to the grocery store so i have some other options.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

Old 07-03-2007, 03:51 AM

I had melon for breakfast, bean soup for lunch (2 bowls), and a green salad with left over london broil, veggies and cheese for dinner. I have not had enough water, though.

ETA - and half an ear of corn for a midnight snack.

Old 07-03-2007, 06:03 AM

Hi, im a bit late but may I join?

Im 18 and have had severe stomach problems since being a kid. Ive had tests and things, and basically told to try avoiding different foods to see if it will help.

Starting today, Im avoiding Sugar, Gluten, and Cows milk.

Attempt number one
Old 07-03-2007, 10:10 AM

Water, yeah, that is probl. the most important thing and so easily forgotten. I'm guilty.

Welcome Female!

Jewely'sMommy--yeah, seriously get rid of all the sugar from your house. Our person stresses that any cheats just keeps the addiction active. Sooo tough, though.

Well, we're off to travel 14 hours to get home. Hope 4th craziness isn't too strong today. I have chicken strips and carrots packed and empty water bottles. HOpe it all makes it through the bomb scanners..... Oh, and spirulina tablets, too. Can't live w/o those when in the midst of junk food...
Have a great day, Ladies

User Tag List