Our 28 Day Sugar Fast - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#211 of 220 Old 08-19-2007, 06:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah we've found nightshades are even worse than sugar for him/us.

Boy, talk about going 0 to 60 right off the bat. YIkes, those are huge hours. Glad it's due to mellow out. Well, that part at least.

Roasted chickpeas are awesome! I used the Frontier Taco seasoning and olive oil.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#212 of 220 Old 08-20-2007, 02:00 AM
nym

Does anyone want to start a new thread and start again?
#213 of 220 Old 08-20-2007, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nym View Post
Does anyone want to start a new thread and start again?
I'm still going, and I believe BusyMommy is as well.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

#214 of 220 Old 08-20-2007, 10:44 PM

I'm still going and finding it even more challenging now that I'm at work and my kids are in school. :

Okay, I will confess I bought a case of Starbucks lattes to keep at work. I know, I know...but that will be my only allowed evil. I'm also going to bring a bottle of spirulina tablets and a bottle of chlorella tablets for my mid-afternoon snack. I don't have time to eat so this will keep me going.

Dinner tonight is chicken & dumplings. I did use a cup of white flour and rice bran noodles.

Off now to make a huge salad and some fresh caesar salad dressing.

How's everyone doing?

I keep seeing that nutella thread and it reminds me I still have a bottle of nutella in the kitchen. ahhhhhhh
#215 of 220 Old 08-20-2007, 10:48 PM

Oh I SOOOO fell off the wagon. Ugh!!!
Good news at least I passed my glucose test today.
But still, the yeast isn't going anywhere if I keep eating crap.

Mama to (DS 7) and (DD 5), wife to DH

#216 of 220 Old 08-21-2007, 01:02 AM

Well now...we have a NAET appt for yeast tomorrow! Yeah, we have tried so hard to eliminate candida by cutting out all sugars. I'm hoping the NAET will nudge it even further out.

But, hey, you passed the glucose test! : YEA
#217 of 220 Old 08-21-2007, 12:20 PM

I haven't had any problems with yeast since starting this WOE (way of eating) <knock on wood>. Now, if only I'd get pregnant, we'd see if it stayed that way (had really bad yeast the entire pregnancy last time).

Work has slowed down for this week, but will pick up again towards the end of the week and into next. But for some reason I'm waking up an hour before the alarm every day (which is how I'm finding the time to post)... guess I'm ready for daylight savings.

Dinner last night was a lovely pan-fried chicken cutlet with lemon sauce. Dinner tonight will either be a whole roast chicken or coconut ribs (depending on whether or not we have company).

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

#218 of 220 Old 08-22-2007, 12:42 AM

Oooh coco. ribs sounds interesting

Glad work is slowing! I'm set to start 3rd grade tomorrow but heard we may swap our kids for 4th graders in another week. :

Can you use your early hour to walk, etc? I try to run every am.

So, ds had his NAET today. SHowed a great decrease in sugar from last week. Did a candida treatment today.
#219 of 220 Old 08-22-2007, 09:40 PM

i would love to join and start a new thread. i desperately need to get off sugar and get my diet (not weight loss.. just what i eat) back on track. it's been horrible all summer since we moved and have a new kitchen. it completely threw me off. weird.

I am a homeopath, offering acute and constitutional consultations for children, babies, and parents. Long-distance treatment is easy, either phone or skype! I also am certified to offer Homeoprophylaxis, a vaccine-alternative program. Message me for more details. www.concentrichealing.com
#220 of 220 Old 08-23-2007, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMommy View Post
Oooh coco. ribs sounds interesting

Glad work is slowing! I'm set to start 3rd grade tomorrow but heard we may swap our kids for 4th graders in another week. :

Can you use your early hour to walk, etc? I try to run every am.

So, ds had his NAET today. SHowed a great decrease in sugar from last week. Did a candida treatment today.
Not sure why they're called Coconut ribs. They're actually a mild curry. The marinade has coconut milk in it, but the predominant flavor is definitely not coconut. They're one of DH's faves.

Dinner tonight was a goulash-ish meal that I tossed together. We didn't get home until after 8 again, and I was so hungry that I didn't much care what I ate. So I tossed some eggplant and tomatoes with some beef in a skillet with some smokey paprika and topped it with some cheese. Then I made myself a huge green salad to go with it (DH wasn't interested in the green stuff ).

I picked up a copy of Grain-Free Gourmet, and am loving it. I've made a couple of their muffin recipes for breakfasts, and they totally satisfy my cravings for wheat. They do have honey in them, though.

I'm so glad your DS is improving. I did NAET for a long time. I'm starting to think I need to go back and get a few more treatments. Lately I've been craving salt like nothing else.

Unfortunately getting out of the house in the morning isn't really possible. I'd be guaranteed to wake up DH if I opened the door (one has bells the other has a roll-up security door). This morning I woke up 3 hours before the alarm but I managed to get myself back to sleep by popping a DVD in (I've programmed myself to fall asleep to certain movies). DH was on the couch, so I could do that without bothering him. I think part of the problem right now is that it is so hot here. We are not set up for heat at all, and without our nightly fog or even an off-shore breeze, it's just stifling all night long.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page