Full Circle Foods? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-28-2008, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been seeing some reasonably priced organic products (FULL CIRCLE FOODS) at my local grocery store and wanted to know if anyone knew anything about this company. I would like to buy some of their products but don't know if they are a relatively small company owner operated like Organic Valley dairy products or just another entity of some large company like Kraft just looking to make a buck on what has become a very trendy, yuppie natural foods market in California. I don't want to buy "organic" foods produced in Australia or some other country. I grow most of my fresh stuff in the backyard but would like to use some of their things as pantry items. Unfortunately I live 45 minutes from the closest food co-op. Any info would be great, or anyone who has used their products. Do you like them or not? Happy eating!!!

__________________________________________________ __

Mom of four always hungry boys.
#2 of 7 Old 02-29-2008, 12:14 AM

I don't have any info, except that I am in Boston and they also sell it at my local grocery chain. So they are nationwide.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#3 of 7 Old 02-29-2008, 10:31 AM

I'm in Wisconsin and they sell at my store too.

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

#4 of 7 Old 02-29-2008, 10:59 AM

I'd check the country of orgin with them. I think it was this company who I saw some organic pumpkin seeds from China.
#5 of 7 Old 02-29-2008, 12:46 PM

We buy a few Full Circle things, too, and I am always curious about them. I know people have posted a website here that shows which organic companies are owned by big multi-nationals, and Full Circle is never on that list, but I haven't been able to find much info on them.

I hope they're good. I find that most of the organic, unsweetened applesauces we have in the stores here are tasteless, but theirs actually tastes like apples. And their organic raisins are a decent price, and their cheerios taste like, well, cheerios, and aren't too hard, like some of the organics we've tried.

My guess is that they aren't great since their prices are so low, but I almost don't want to know.
#6 of 7 Old 03-01-2008, 01:32 AM

lets see...

on the jar of strawberry fruit spread...
distrubuted by topco associates llc
7711 gross point road, skokie,
illinois 60077 copywrite symbol topco crf805
product of canada printed in canada

other spot
certified organic by quality assurance international

questions, comments, visit... www.fullcirclefoods.com

on tha apple juice bottle...
same info but not the product of canada or printed in canada

on the milk jug...
it has a plant #37-82
dist. by topco assoc llc... same addy
certified organic by north carolina crop imrovement association

okay I don't know how to interpret any of that.... maybe someone who does can chime in.
#7 of 7 Old 03-01-2008, 01:53 AM - Thread Starter

OK I sent an e-mail from the Full Circle web site from the "contact us" button. I asked where their products are from, who they are ect. I haven't heard back and quit frankly don't think I will. I looked up topco associates(the distributor) and there wasn't to much info there either. As I see it topco is a distributor of several different name brands for for their "owner-members" which are large grocery store chains. I think Full Circle is sort of the organic/natural version of the "generic" store brand. It seems silly to make such a big deal out of a name brand but I just don't always trust everything marked natural or organic these days since it has become so trendy. Large company's are really good at tapping into the hot markets anyway they can and I don't trust their advertising or motivation. Hopefully I'll get a reply from Full Circle foods.

Mom of four always hungry boys, a dog, and wife to one amazing husband.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page