Not sure if this is in the right section, or where else it would go.
A couple months after my husband and I were married we went to a County Fair where there was a cooking show guy advertising this amazing SUPER cookware, called PRO-HEALTH ULTRA Cookware.
He advertised all sorts of things:Saves Time:
* 7-ply construction allows for fast and even heat distribution
* Food cooks faster
* No stirring, food cooks from all sides, not just the bottom
* Vapor lock whistle, tells you when to turn it off
* No pot watching
* Creates a vacuum for fast, even cooking
* T304 surgical steel, hard durable surface
* Cleans up fast and easily
* Bake on top of the stove, faster than the oven
* No replacement costs
* Less food shrinkage means a lower grocery bill
* Low heat cooking leads to energy savings
* Reduced oven use equals saved energy
* Retains nutrients through low moisture/low heat cooking
* Maximizes vitamin and mineral content
* Eliminates the need for oils
* Allows you to cook low fat
* Made with T304 surgical steel which is non-reactive
* No leaching of metals or chemicals into your food
* Low moisture cooking retains natural food flavors
* Flavor is more concentrated, not watered down
* Eliminates the need for added salt
Well, I bought into it. My husband didn't, but I talked him into getting the smallest set, which get this, included
1- 5 quart pan
1- 4 quart pan
1- 10 in. skillet
1- 3 eggs poacher
1- potato masher
1- steamer inset for the 4 quart pan
1- small (maybe 2 qt. pan)
1- electrical slow cook top (*he "threw" in there)
1- huge electrical skillet thingy (*he "threw" in there)
Guess how much we paid? You're gonna freak. We paid $1900 give or take a penny. WHAT WAS I THINKING? I'm a VERY frugal person. But sometimes this "health propaganda stuff" gets me.
They were supposed to be lifetime warrantee and any parts replaceable forever.
WELL, I tried e-mailing the guy that sold it to me, no answer. His e-mail is not in use anymore.
The lids don't seal, every time I boil the lids pop up and down and splatter water everywhere so I have to lay a towel over the pan and obviously it's not boiling well if steam keeps coming out.
Some of the plastic handles have BURNED off around the edges.
I use my larger pots daily and the steamer is handy.
BUT, everything else I don't hardly ever use and is a PAIN to clean b/c it's stainless steel. Everything sticks to it, no matter how much oil/butter I use.
In any case, they cook fine, if you can put up w/ the quirks, BUT, for nearly 2K?? ARE YOU NUTS? I could have gotten something very nice from Macy's or anywhere else.
SO, don't waste your money if you ever get hooked into this scam.
I still haven't admitted to my husband that we were probably scammed. I want new cookware now...
haha, but 3 years ago when we bought them, he said:
"If I buy you this cookware, I don't EVER want to hear ANYTHING else about you wanting cookware!"
Haha...geez...I'm just an idiot.
Anyways, DON'T BUY IT!!
Oh, their "company" sells under 5 diff. names:
World Adventures Travel a.k.a
Integra Marketing Grouphttp://www.prohealthultra.com/
Simplicity Gourmet Nashville
Health-Ware of Michigan, Inc
Healthy Lifestyles USA, LLC
Chef Master, INC