May! What is for dinner? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 260 Old 05-07-2008, 12:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tonight is breakfast. Hashbrowns, sausage links, toast and eggs. And probably fruit.
#62 of 260 Old 05-08-2008, 01:47 AM

We had leftover spaghetti tonight, with a hodgepodge of raw veggies & fruit to go with it.

DS1 has requested nachos for tomorrow night, so I'm going to try to find a way to make a semi-healthy version with Amy's organic black refried beans, extra-lean ground beef, light on the cheese, and lots of veggies.
#63 of 260 Old 05-08-2008, 01:53 AM

Slow roasted pork with mashed potatoes and sauerkraut.
#64 of 260 Old 05-08-2008, 09:18 AM

Something with zucchini and chicken. I am torn between zucchini pancakes and plain grilled chicken breasts, or chicken sandwiches and a pasta salad with zucchini, red onion, feta, black olives, tomato, etc.
#65 of 260 Old 05-08-2008, 10:20 AM

I can't decide between quesadillas or lasagna tonight. The other will be for tomorrow.

Mama to (DS 7) and (DD 5), wife to DH

#66 of 260 Old 05-08-2008, 10:25 AM

I made some yummy meatballs! Natural lean ground beef, spinach,onion,garlic, green pepper,ground flaxseed, mozarella cheese,egg,milk, and bread crumbs. Easy ways to sneak veggies in for DS. After baking the meatballs I simmer them in tomato sauce. Also, with the red sauce he doesn't see some of those "green things", lol!

Wife to DH(15 years)and Mama to: Jacob(5/02)kid.gifribbonpurple.gif, and Alina(7/07)energy.gifI luxlove.gifbellyhair.gif
#67 of 260 Old 05-08-2008, 11:15 AM

Tonight will be oven fried chicken (Amanda Hesser's recipe) and coleslaw. Last night we went to the diner after karate :
#68 of 260 Old 05-08-2008, 11:28 AM

las night we had meatballs (turkey and beef mixed) with gravy over brown rice, and broccoli and carrots on the side.
#69 of 260 Old 05-08-2008, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingKvinna View Post
Something with zucchini and chicken. I am torn between zucchini pancakes and plain grilled chicken breasts, or chicken sandwiches and a pasta salad with zucchini, red onion, feta, black olives, tomato, etc.
'cuz nothin' makes it betta, than feta!
#70 of 260 Old 05-08-2008, 01:53 PM

Chicken, tossed in vodka sauce, simmered in olive oil, garlic and onions, then browned, and served over Rotini with vodka sauce.

It's DH's favorite!
#71 of 260 Old 05-08-2008, 04:53 PM

Sloppy joes, roasted potatoes and cauliflower.
#72 of 260 Old 05-08-2008, 05:38 PM

I was actually all over the map with dinner tonight. DP, when I mentioned chicken, asked if it was going to be Buffalo chicken sandwiches, so I took that hint. Having them with some cheesy ranch potatoes and green beans. Kids are having a plain broiled chicken breast instead of buffalo style.

I also made stuffed zucchini for tomorrow night -- the rest of the family's going to Day Out with Thomas, and I will be out running errands/shopping/enjoying Alone Time tomorrow, so it'll be good to have a dinner all prepped and ready to go.
#73 of 260 Old 05-08-2008, 05:51 PM

Quote:
I was actually all over the map with dinner tonight. DP, when I mentioned chicken, asked if it was going to be Buffalo chicken sandwiches, so I took that hint. Having them with some cheesy ranch potatoes and green beans. Kids are having a plain broiled chicken breast instead of buffalo style.

I also made stuffed zucchini for tomorrow night -- the rest of the family's going to Day Out with Thomas, and I will be out running errands/shopping/enjoying Alone Time tomorrow, so it'll be good to have a dinner all prepped and ready to go.

Ooh ooh I want recipes! (for all of it! LOL) And what are cheesy ranch potatoes? Those sound great.

#74 of 260 Old 05-08-2008, 10:53 PM

dinner for breakfast today... fried potatoes and onions, homemade whole wheat biscuits, fried eggs, and sausages.
#75 of 260 Old 05-08-2008, 10:54 PM

This week has been:

Sun - grilled pork chops, grilled baby squash, roasted asparagus
Mon - pork chop leftovers, sweet potato fries, salad
Tues - meatloaf, cabbage, cornbread, salad
Wed - meatloaf leftovers with blackeyed peas
Tonight - green curry (I make the Cook's Illustrated paste & freeze it in muffins) with coconut milk, shrimp, green beans, green peas, bell pepper, onion, and carrot

coolshine.gif Mama to DS ('06), DD ('08), and DD (9.18.11).

#76 of 260 Old 05-09-2008, 02:29 AM

Last night was a chicken, mushroom over rice dish.
Tonight we had chinese takeout - it's been a crazy day.
We're going to a LLL conference this weekend, so tomorrow and Saturday will be whatever they're serving - the best part is that I won't have to plan it or clean it up.
#77 of 260 Old 05-09-2008, 11:02 AM

Tonight we're having bean soup, if I can figure out how to make it. And cornbread with it.
#78 of 260 Old 05-09-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by becoming View Post
Tonight we're having bean soup, if I can figure out how to make it. And cornbread with it.
What kind of beans? Are you cool with meat?

I make a knock down delicious one with white beans and sausage
#79 of 260 Old 05-09-2008, 02:34 PM

Dh's getting takeout for us tonight. Pizza for the kids and I, salad for him and I and some kind of sandwich for him. And hot wings.
#80 of 260 Old 05-09-2008, 02:47 PM

Last 2 nights was a rockin' veggie-full stir fry on top of a bed of Emerald Sesame Kale on top of brown basmati rice. MMMMMMM!

Tonight is a porkchop/mushroom soup thing over elbow noodles and maybe a salad or I could thaw out some oven roasted farm fresh asparagus/brocolli/cauliflower. I feel like something I shouldn't mention in polite company, so I'm going easy on me.

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

#81 of 260 Old 05-09-2008, 03:18 PM

Dinner tonight:

Taco Salads made with grass-fed beef, black beans, lettuce, tomato, cheese, sour cream, etc:!
Sliced strawberries and orange sections

Dawn
#82 of 260 Old 05-10-2008, 01:51 PM

Tonight we're having beef enchiladas, rice and beans.
#83 of 260 Old 05-10-2008, 01:59 PM

Last night we had quesadillas. Tonight we are eating up the leftovers from the lasagna the other night. Though, I don't think there is enough left for everyone so one of us will have something else, not quite sure what yet. I had the lasagna for lunch so it will probably be me.

#84 of 260 Old 05-10-2008, 03:13 PM

Per DH request:

Boston Butt Pork Roast (Pressure Cooker)
Mashed potatoes w/ gravy
Black-eyed peas
Mac and cheese (for dc)
Spicy braised collard greens
Cornbread

Dawn
#85 of 260 Old 05-10-2008, 03:17 PM

tofu stir fry w/ greens, mushrooms, broccoli, green onion, carrots and brown rice.
#86 of 260 Old 05-10-2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wife&mommy View Post
Ooh ooh I want recipes! (for all of it! LOL) And what are cheesy ranch potatoes? Those sound great.
Sorry I missed your request! I just didn't even see it. Okeydokey, here goes.

Buffalo chicken sandwiches: just marinate chix breast in hot sauce (we like Frank's) and some butter (we use Smart Balance). This time I also threw in some white vinegar and extra cayenne pepper, to make sure it was spicy enough. I marinated for several hours (6-7?). THen just broil, and serve on buns with blue-cheese dressing and whatever other toppings you like. You can also do the chicken on salad, with carrots and celery and blue cheese dressing. A relatively healthy (healthier, at least) version of hot wings.

Cheesy ranch potatoes is something I totally made up to try to feed the kids with their chicken. I just took leftover parcooked (in the microwave) potato chunks, put 'em in a pan, poured ranch dressing over the top, and sprinkled with parmesan cheese. Put them in the oven until they were hot and bubbly. Oddly, the kids both rejected them but DP and I gobbled 'em up. Go figure.

My stuffed zukes: took out the innards, sauteed it with some green onion and garlic, added bread crumbs (actually fresh pita crumbs, what I had on hand), feta cheese, a smidge of lemon juice, some oregano, salt and pepper. Stuffed it back into the zuke boats and topped the whole thing w/mozzarella. We haven't actually had them yet, they MUST be tonight's dinner! So I don't know how they tasted. So be forewarned -- you are getting a previously un-vetted VikingKVinna original -- could rock, could suck!

Holler if you have any Qs.
#87 of 260 Old 05-10-2008, 03:42 PM

All of it sounds yummy! I want to try the zucchini for sure. We have a LOT of feta cheese to use up.

Quote:
Sorry I missed your request! I just didn't even see it. Okeydokey, here goes.

Buffalo chicken sandwiches: just marinate chix breast in hot sauce (we like Frank's) and some butter (we use Smart Balance). This time I also threw in some white vinegar and extra cayenne pepper, to make sure it was spicy enough. I marinated for several hours (6-7?). THen just broil, and serve on buns with blue-cheese dressing and whatever other toppings you like. You can also do the chicken on salad, with carrots and celery and blue cheese dressing. A relatively healthy (healthier, at least) version of hot wings.

Cheesy ranch potatoes is something I totally made up to try to feed the kids with their chicken. I just took leftover parcooked (in the microwave) potato chunks, put 'em in a pan, poured ranch dressing over the top, and sprinkled with parmesan cheese. Put them in the oven until they were hot and bubbly. Oddly, the kids both rejected them but DP and I gobbled 'em up. Go figure.

My stuffed zukes: took out the innards, sauteed it with some green onion and garlic, added bread crumbs (actually fresh pita crumbs, what I had on hand), feta cheese, a smidge of lemon juice, some oregano, salt and pepper. Stuffed it back into the zuke boats and topped the whole thing w/mozzarella. We haven't actually had them yet, they MUST be tonight's dinner! So I don't know how they tasted. So be forewarned -- you are getting a previously un-vetted VikingKVinna original -- could rock, could suck!

Holler if you have any Qs.

#88 of 260 Old 05-10-2008, 05:59 PM

Tonight DH is making Chicken Parmesan... he does an awesome job on it.

Tomorrow we will have pork chops with baked potatoes on the grill!!!
#89 of 260 Old 05-11-2008, 10:33 AM

Leftovers from last night--

I also plan to throw 2 small chickens in the oven, so we will add those and cornbread dressing with the leftovers.

Roasted Lemon Pepper chicken
cornbread dressing
black-eyed peas /rice
gravy
mac and cheese
spicy collard greens
sweet peas
left-over pork roast

Happy Mothers Day!

Dawn
#90 of 260 Old 05-11-2008, 10:58 AM

We are having breakfast for dinner tonight. I know that sounds odd on Mother's Day but for some reason that is what I want... and DH is cooking! He doesn't do well with recipes. LOL

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page