On a monthly basis 85 31.25%
daily 1 0.37%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-21-2008, 01:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We've been to Burger King twice this week. I have no shame. I can buy the girls chicken nuggets for $1 each, & my mom & I Whopper Jrs for the same price...plus two bucks for a large drink, and the girls get to play for an hour or two in the air conditioned play place. (We don't have a/c at home, and it's summer so usually way too hot to go to the park.)

Sabra: Mama to Bobbie (3/02), Linda (1/04), Esther (10/05), Marie (11/10), & Douglas (11/12)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2008, 02:04 AM

Once-twice a week, if you count Subway. That's my favorite
We will occasionally do Wendy's- but that's more like once a month. Very rarely McD's, although DH loves it!

~e, wife to my sweet T , mama to my turtleman (12) , sunshine (9 ), and monkey (6)
Old 08-21-2008, 02:19 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
The closest thing to "kosher fast food' around here is a pizza place and a bagel shop. We eat out or get takeout once every 1-3 months.

If we had junkier options, we'd still eat it several times a year. I have nothing against eating that kind of crap occasionally, for social reasons or as a special treat; but I wouldn't eat that stuff every week even if we could afford it. Cooking food at home is almost always cheaper (and I do make burgers and fries sometimes.)

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 13(homeschooled)
Old 08-21-2008, 01:11 PM

I said once or twice a week, though we only do that for breakfasts (are pancakes at Burger King really any worse for the kids than the pancakes from a box that I make at home? I am terrible with pancakes!) I get ciniminis and a frozen coke (my fave . . . no guilt here).

We might get a fast food lunch every couple weeks, too.

I'm sick of feeling bad about it. We eat healthy, whole food dinners 5+ nights a week, most lunches, and most breakfasts. And I really, really like our breakfasts in the car. They're relaxing.

Proud Anti-Adoption, Atheist, Reproductive-Freedom Fighter Mama
Rylie is 7, Ronin is 3.5
Old 08-21-2008, 01:40 PM

1-3x a month. I voted once a week but it's not that often, just more than monthly.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:02 PM

we go to in and out every other month or so. in and out is yummy. other than that, no fast food since i was a teenager. i used to get horrible stomachaches and cutting out fast food and soda helped a lot. now not eating at those places is has become a habit, when im looking for something to eat i dont even glance in the direction of a mcdonalds. oh, but i used to love big macs. sometimes we make our own versions of fast food burgers at home. our favorite is a house burger version of a jr western bacon cheeseburger from carl jrs.

OT but i drank a Coke yesterday for the first time in like 5 years and damn it was good.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:06 PM

I voted never.

Count me in the "I don't consider it to be actual food" camp.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:07 PM

It depends on what you call fast food. BK and Mc Ds? Never. Chipotle, Qdoba, or Jimmy Johns? At least once a month. We eat burgers and fries at least twice a week but they come from a bar or a local sit down burger place.

I answered almost never because I was thinking about McDs, BK, Wendys, etc and I only eat them in airports or if I'm having crazy pregnancy cravings.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:09 PM

after reading fast food nation there is not one fast food restaurant I will EVER eat at again EXCEPT taco bell. I get things there with just beans, no meat, and it's still incredibly disgusting and unhealthy but when I'm starving and pass one every six months or so I have to get a crunchwrap supreme or something. And a donut from dunkin donuts maybe once or twice a year.

however we do go to restaurants weekly and get takeout like pizza pretty regularly.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
Old 08-21-2008, 02:13 PM

almost never... if i'm on the run & have to grab a veggieburg at subway or something i usually feel nauseated afterward. i've managed to turn myself into a food wussy.

"When the external begins to define the internal, instead of the internal defining the external, one begins living as a mortal rather than as a universal being." ~ unknown
Old 08-21-2008, 02:13 PM

Probably about once a week--if you count most take-out places (which I do).

Wife to a wonderful dh and mom to four beautiful kiddos, dd (3/04):, ds1 (1/06), ds2 (10/08), and ds3 (7/10)
Old 08-21-2008, 04:08 PM

Once a week or so, but a little more often in the summer and other times that school is out.

We Chick-fil-A. :
Old 08-21-2008, 05:48 PM

It depends on what you call fast food. We have a local taqueria we eat at occasionally and a local deli where we get sandwiches. I think the deli might be considered fast food, because there are no waiters.

But McDs, etc? Never. My DD is 3 1/2 and she has no idea what those places are. My 6 yo has been clued in by relatives.

Rainbow.gif ~ Molly
Old 08-21-2008, 06:06 PM

Almost never. Being on a gluten-free dairy-free diet will do that to you. I have been known to take my kids for an occasional happy meal however.

Bethany, crunchy Christian mom to Destiny (11) Deanna (9), and Ethan (2)

Old 08-21-2008, 07:04 PM

We go through phases. This time of year, never. DH is off for the summer, so I'm not overly tired and I have plenty of help, and the house is teeming with farm and garden produce, and there's no reason for it. But in the middle of the winter, when I've been housebound with the kids all day and the weather sucks, we might eat it two times a week. So I voted once or twice a week, to be fair. When the twins were small, and I had such a hard time going out of the house with all three kids, our favorite outing was to go through the drive through. The babies would fall asleep in the car, and DD and I could have some time to talk and relax.

I'd eat at better places, but we just can't afford it. Fast food is the only eating out that fits out budget.

I myself this year won't be able to eat it. I'm on the SCD diet and can't eat out unless I'm SURE the ingredients are Ok for me. And we don't do McDs at all, because DH has issues with the company. Not that the other fast food giants are any better, really, but I like to respect DH's views when I can.

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
Old 08-21-2008, 07:09 PM

If I am not on WW, at least 1-2X/week. I love fast food.

On WW, still 1-2X/week, but it has to be Taco Bell Fresco menu.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:02 AM

Once or twice a week.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:19 PM

I'm embarrassed to say that it's probably 2-3 times a week. Maybe even up to 5 if you include sit down places.

It's just so convenient, and DH and I both work. Lots of times, we have something to do that evening, so we need to grab something quick.

We are vegetarians, so usually it's Taco Bell or Subway, and occasionally the veggie burger at BK, though I don't like it that much. We also do Pizza Hut or Dominoes sometimes, but it's a lot more expensive and not very fast!

We want to cut down, but it's difficult to do!

I just have to add that I love Panera Bread! I don't know if it counts, and I only have it every so often, because it's 30 min. away. But it is yummy!

Mama to learning.gifJulian Matthew, born 5/10/2011 nocirc.gif  

Hopeful vbac.gif for the next!

Old 08-22-2008, 02:47 PM

I though the vendor/booths at the farmers market or the prepared food at Whole Foods would be considered "fast food" but it doesnt look like it.

I would have to vote - never.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:51 PM

Not daily, but more then 1-2x a week :

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

Old 08-24-2008, 04:08 AM

I'm eating take away sushi at this very moment.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

What is fast food?

take out pizza?  Sushi to go?  If this, we get take out pizza about once a month and I grab a sushi prepack about every other month.

Or McD, Wendy's type thing?  If this, about 3 times a year, when traveling and desperate not to spend too much $$ on a quick meal in airports, ferry terminals, etc.

Me.  With 1 spouse, 4 kids, 16 chickens, 74 matchbox cars, 968,562+ legos, a dishwasher waiting to be emptied, a washing machine waiting to be filled and a lost cup of tea in the house.

User Tag List