Feingold Mamas tribe! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 01-29-2009, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone know if the 2009 foodlist is available yet?

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#32 of 35 Old 08-03-2013, 07:10 AM

i know this is an old thread but can anyone tell me how well this diet works? I want to try my son on it hoping to help his ADD.

#33 of 35 Old 08-09-2013, 12:03 AM

My parents tried it with me in 1982 for about 3 months. They decided that the results were not worth the effort. I find that making an attempt to at least keep major triggers out of my daughter's diet - artificial colors, flavors, and sweeteners, and avoiding processed foods in general does make a difference for her. 

#34 of 35 Old 09-02-2013, 03:01 PM

Hi! I have been on Feingold for five years now. I would absolutely recommend it. I feel sooooo much better. 

I started it back in '08 as a last ditch effort to help with perimenopausal moodswings. It helped with that, but what it also helped with was my ADD tendencies and my MCS related asthma. I was totally gobsmacked by that last one. I can do so many things now that I could not do back in 2008...I was uber-sensitive to chemical odors and pretty much lived like a hermit who only occasionally got to go out into the world for short amounts of time. It was an awful way to live. Now I spend as much time out there in the world as I please with only very rare issues from  the smells out there. Amazing! <3

We recently found out dh is allergic to wheat, dairy and pork. He has totally revamped the way he eats and now his diet is much more in line with mine as far as eliminating a lot of processed foods. Ds#2, who still lives at home, has benefitted from all the dietary changes at our house, now having, at least when he eats at home, a healthier diet overall. 

It wouldn't hurt to try it and see for yourself. I understand $80.00 is a lot to get the information, but it is worth every penny in my opinion. 

Good luck if you decide to try it! :)

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato
#35 of 35 Old 09-02-2013, 04:57 PM

thanks I will have to write it into my budget for the next month :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page