Stuffing/dressing recipe with no onions? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-07-2008, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need a simple bread based stuffing recipe that doesn't use any onions.

My thanksgiving stuffing is filled with all sorts of yummy goodies. Two of my guests won't touch it. I was going to look for a simpler recipe, but it turns out they also need stuffing without any onions in it. It has to be a bread based stuffing of some sort, not rice based.

I'm actually going to make 2 kinds of stuffing because its my favorite part of the meal and I don't want to give up the cornbread mushroom stuffing I normally make. :

Mom to Kira March 2009
#2 of 4 Old 11-08-2008, 04:38 PM

I modify a stuffing recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. This one for Old-Fashioned Bread Stuffing from their website is very similar. I would omit the onions and add one of the suggested additions, like apples or water chestnuts, to add flavor.

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (10) and Nathaniel (9) and Olivia (3).
#3 of 4 Old 11-10-2008, 12:39 AM

I usually do a pork sausage and apple one; if you didn't put the onions in, it would still taste good. I think I got if from the Food Network website.

2 happy kids makes for a happy mother.

#4 of 4 Old 11-10-2008, 11:14 AM

I would just replace the onions in the recipe you like with celery, bell peppers or apples or a combination of...

S, mama to boy M(6/07) and baby girl R(7/10). We do all the good natural family living stuff!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page