Mothering Forum banner

Small chested nursing mamas: nursing bras?

619 views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  Baby_Cakes 
#1 ·
Before getting preggo, I never really needed to wear a bra, except when I wanted some padding to fill out a shirt or a dress (I still have my chicken cutlet inserts!). After giving birth to DD, I was in a 38D. 4 months later, I'm down to a 38C. Obviously, I need to wear a bra now but I can't seem to find good looking nursing bras that aren't 75$ a pop.

Right now, I just wear one of the two nursing bras I bought at WM for 14$, but they're both UGLY and white (I hate white underwear!). So I'm wondering what those smaller-chested nursing mamas do for a nursing bra....

#5 ·
Oh, my! I am more like 36A, so I can tell you a little more about *small*. They are totally worn out right now, but I really liked my Bravado nursing bras. They are not cheap, but two of them lasted me 2 years before they started to be too worn out (and at 3 years I still wear them, just ought to replace). The only thing I don't like is the back, it's like a sports-bra back and it's more fabric than I want or need (it's meant to be super-supportive, which at my size I don't need so much).

#6 ·
I'm a 38C and I've been wearing tank tops with built in bras. Probably not as supportive as what you're looking for, but as I don't leave the house much and am not going back to work, I find they work really well for us. And if we do go out, I just put a sweater or tee-shirt over the top and go.

#8 ·
i too was a no bra kind of gal. now in the B range but will definitely be back to A range after all this. anyway, i wear nursing tanks mostly, love the long ones from glamor mom. also the bravado lifestyle one is great, esp when you want a bit of padding over the nips. also this one is great even though it's not technically a nursing bra:
http://www.titlenine.com/shopping/pr...ProductID=2169
wearing it now. or anything like that with crossing fabric that is lowcut.

#10 ·
I use walmart fruit of the loom spaghetti strap sports bras. They are in a 3 pack - I have lots of colors! Honestly, those (mostly because no hooking/unhooking needed) and my glamourmom nursing tank are my favorite over any other nursing bras I own.

#15 ·
i know that this thread is a little old, but seriously, i am MADLY in love with the nursing bras i have right now. i have been wearing them around the clock for about 4 mos. and i am a person who normally hates to wear bras. unfortunately i leak like crazy, so a nursing bra is part of the deal now.

motherhood maternity has a sleep bra that is cotton and crosses over in the front. it is kind of like a sports bra, but way more comfortable. no latches, hooks, or anything like that. they come in black (hooray) and a cream color as well as white. i was a 34B before being pregnant, and then a 36C and now am somewhere in between i think. i don't really know since i haven't tried on any of the old bras.

http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?ViewSource=&Product_Id=75401567&catego ry_Name=Nursing+Bras&Category_Id=1567&MasterCatego ry_Id=15

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.