BFing is all of a sudden very sensitive, in a, umm, "good" way... what's going on? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-02-2008, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My DD is 17m old. Always enjoyed BFing but never ENJOYED BFing, if you know what I mean. Also never considered my breasts an erogenous zone (pre and post-babies); just never did it for me in that department. Now all of a sudden my breasts are very sensitive, bordering on sensual, when I breastfeed. Wouldn't be a problem if my DH was around more!

Any thoughts why this changed all of a sudden? I've had my AF since she was 14m. I ovulated about a week ago, so it's not that. Definately not PG (I have an IUD). The only other thing I can think was my DD was sick about a week and a half ago and BFed a lot more than usual, so I felt like my milk supply went up.

I know other women who have sensual feelings while BFing, and never understood it until now. Wold rather go back to them being just functional; I'm finding it a little annoying!

TIA-- Christina

Wife, mother of 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2008, 12:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think it has to do with hormones. When your baby breastfeeds, the "love" hormone is made. If he breastfeeds more, then more is made... making you more in LOVE - if you know what I mean... heheh...

I have had these feelings since I had my baby. When I start getting wierded out I tell myself "its all just hormones" - Just sit back and enjoy!

Wife to - Mama to DS 6/08 and DS 9/11
Old 12-03-2008, 12:49 AM

: i am pretty sure bfing hormones, cuddling hormones, and sex hormones are all just the same love hormones.. so mostly its all loveee.

now i have the all you need is love song stuck in my head.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:35 PM

i get them too - i keep telling myself its normal...

i figure, nature made it pleasurable so we would keep doing it!!

nak
Old 12-04-2008, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

Glad to know it's not just me!!

Wife, mother of 2
Old 12-04-2008, 02:12 PM

Wow this takes me back! yes I think it is completely natural and fine. In fact I am sure it happens to most people at some point but most feel weird about admitting it I suspect.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:25 PM

This happened to me when I tried to tandem--only when my older one nursed. Frankly, it eventually became very uncomfortable (not psychologically, just physically), to the point where it wasn't pleasant at all--it just gave me the heeby-jeebies and I couldn't stand it anymore. Tandem nursing didn't last long.

Sorry so say, I don't really know why this happens, except maybe b/c your child is getting older, the suck is getting stronger?

User Tag List