I'm floored and sad. **UPDATE #92** - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 93 Old 01-05-2009, 07:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Big hugs mama. Don't they know that of course they are right... I mean, of course the whole reason you got pregnant at all was just so that after you had the baby, you could flash half of a breast at her hubby and her while breastfeeding

I know it is so hard, but pp are right, this is about them. I had friends say wow we were shocked when we were all eating dinner at your house that you nursed at the table. And I said well every time the baby smells food he wants to eat too, so get used to it! lol

I was a bit taken aback at first myself, when they said that to me, but I knew I wasn't doing anything wrong and realized it wasn't my issue. It just takes some people awhile to warm up, especially if they haven't been, forgive the word, exposed to breastfeeding themselves.

I strongly suggest taking this as two people who are confronting something for themselves, and as a chance for yourself to firmly feel and decide that you are doing what's best for you and your baby, and you are really okay with it. Though it smarts now, if you don't see this as anything but a chance to feel more sure in yourself, it will blow over, and most likely in the future they will feel like asses for saying anything. Even if they don't, their thoughts have nothing to do with you and how you should feel and conduct yourself.

Love and hugs to you, mama.
#92 of 93 Old 01-26-2009, 12:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I finally talked to her tonight. (Deaths in her family and ours.) I asked her how she was doing w/ her medications for anxiety and panic disorders and she told me she was off them completely now. I asked when she stopped them and she said about 3-4 wks ago or so.

Exactly when she was acting all weird and sent that text to me.

So, after a little more conversation and me asking her about the text, I suspect she KNEW she sent it but I kind of can let it go because I knew she wasn't herself and the our conversation tonight confirmed it. Kind of like a drunk text. You know it's sent, you can't take it back, and you're too spaced out to care.

I am still uncomfortable nursing ds2 in front of her, but I didn't let it stop me.

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#93 of 93 Old 01-26-2009, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow. Interesting twist! Did not expect that one.

Glad you feel like you can still be friends.

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page