Tandem Nursing Mamas- Jan 09 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-06-2009, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wanted to open this up again- we got such a good response last time that I think we can try to make it a monthly thing. The only question is, where do we put it? Just in "Breastfeeding?" or in "Breastfeeding Beyond Infancy?" since obviously if you are tandeming, one of your kiddos is "beyond infancy"

My two nurslings are 4months and 23months and some days lately (and nights) I"ve been very stressed by it I must say...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2009, 12:21 AM

I've been looking for a tandem thread, my nurslings are 3 months and 4 years old. I'm feeling touched out lately....my 4 y/o has been very needy the past few days...wanting to nurse alot..he's even starting to hold my breast with both hands and squeeze it while he's nursing. I also get the baageebee's when he nurses...it's a feeling i cant explain. It just feels different. I'm feeling so stressed about it. I dont want to push him away or reject him...but something has got to change soon.
I've been thinking today about when i started to feel this way when my oldest nurses...and it started when i got pregnant...i had such sore nipples in the begining of my pregnancy then my milk dwindled away and he still nursed away...then right before i had the baby my oldest nursling would nurse and it felt like someone was rolling my nipple between there fingers and it hurt so bad. I dont like that i feel this way...i'm not sure how not to feel this way. I feel bad for telling him he cant nurse...then a few min later nurse the baby. I'm at a loss and need some mama support...i've tried nursing both of them at the same time...and ohh it's way to much. Any one else feel touched out?

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
Old 01-07-2009, 12:54 AM

I could have written your post! I feel touched out at times, too. I am nursing my 27 month old and 10 month old. I normally cannot nurse them together. I do on occasion, but it is too much. The difference in latch and suck between my toddler and baby irritate me when they nurse at the same time. I don't get that feeling too often when my toddler is nursing by herself.
I try to distract my toddler when she asks to nurse and I am not in the mood. I've found she'll ask when she's bored. I ask her if she wants to read a book or play a game. Something to redirect her attention. Sometimes that works for an hour or so, but sometimes it only delays it several minutes. If she really insists, we nurse.
Also, when I am feeling touched out I limit the amount of time she nurses during a particular nursing session. I say, "OK, when mommy counts to 10 it time to stop."

Christine

Christine, Brain Aneurysm Survivor SAHM, recently stopped nursing my 4.5 yr old and 3 yr old selective and delayed vax, organic food mama to Rhiannon 4.5 and Brynn 3 ribbonburgundy.gif
Old 01-09-2009, 11:25 PM

for more tandem nursing mamas!

Christine, Brain Aneurysm Survivor SAHM, recently stopped nursing my 4.5 yr old and 3 yr old selective and delayed vax, organic food mama to Rhiannon 4.5 and Brynn 3 ribbonburgundy.gif

User Tag List