Breastfeeding Nicknames - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 46 Old 12-23-2003, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I love all of these. It is so awesome that our babes can ask us for something so special. And to think we would have missed it all if we had weaned them sooner My DD (16 months old) call it Side. She used to cry between sides and I asked her to say side in between so now it is all called Side

We call it nurse or num-nums
#32 of 46 Old 12-24-2003, 09:57 PM

lately elwynn will smack his lips really loud and put his hand down my shirt and try to pull it down.. its so funny!he always has cold hands and its shocking!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#33 of 46 Old 12-24-2003, 10:05 PM
Banned

Dd (17 months) calls it bah bah. Sometimes she'll say boobies, but mostly it's bah bah.
#34 of 46 Old 12-26-2003, 07:56 PM

At about 12 months Sadie started calling my right breast Balloon, and the left Bar Side (Other Side?.) Mia usually says milky snack and Side when she wants to switch sides. It is funny how they come up with their own words. I usually ask if they want to nurse, or mama's milk. My niece used to call breasts "coberties" I don't have any idea where that came from.
#35 of 46 Old 12-27-2003, 06:21 PM

Abby calls it chichi. I have always used that term and she does now too. We speak to her in Spanish and it is spanish for boobie. My DH has always called it that too.

It is too cute to hear her in the middle of the night, sound asleep saying chichi. During the day she signs "milk" and then says chichi.

Anyone else use chichi??
#36 of 46 Old 12-27-2003, 07:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ds used to either pat his chest or mine .
Then at around 18 months he started saying "book". I always call it MILK so I guess that was his version. THen around 20 months he started saying milk and I kinda missed him saying book ( silly I know) so I started saying book when he asked for milk and know he says at the top of his lungs, "BOOKIE"!!!! Its funny cuz noone else knows what this means except us and well my close friends and family. In fact, my mom brought ds to me during Xmas and said, "he wants his bookie!" And when we were opening presents ds wanted to nurse and we went to the other room away from the noise and my grandmother asked where we were and my dad says, "They are taking a bookie break!" Gotta love it!

Now, if I can only get ds to NOT lose it, if I dont pull up my shirt the very SECOND he asks......he has no patience when it comes to his bookie!!LOL

Heather , momma to ' Parker- 10, Carlee- 7 and our baby Genevieve Faith - 8-27-10

#37 of 46 Old 12-27-2003, 08:02 PM

Over a year ago (my son will be three next month) my son started calling nursing "nurkie." When he wants the other side, he says "nurkie side." It's funny how nurkie is a noun and a verb at the same time.

~Laura
#38 of 46 Old 12-28-2003, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

I tried to organize our ever growing list of nursing code words. Here's what I came up with.

All the words that come from or sound like nurse:
nurse, nursies, nuh, nummies, nee nee, noonies, onnee, huh huh's, ena, nena, nurtch, num nums, nurkie.....

All the words that come from or sound like milk:
milka milka, milkies, mimi, mih, mama's milk, milky snack, book and bookie....

All the words that come from or sound like boob:
nur boob, oob, bah bees, boo boo, booby juice, boo bah, boo nurse, boo hug, bah bah, boobies .....

All the other words that are in a category of their own:
tee too, chi chi, mommy's groceries, snacks, titty, a little something, side, balloon, bar side, coberties....

I love hearing these. Keep them coming.
#39 of 46 Old 12-29-2003, 02:39 AM

i always love when one of these threads gets rolling (was it almost three years ago i posted one myself? good grief! 2 whole babies ago!)

dd called it 'nammiss', as a baby (her word), then 'bosoms'.
ds #1 got used to saying he wanted to 'do', and it turned into 'dooo-ey', which he says with great gusto. of course, now babymax #2 is not talking much yet, but if we ask him if he wants 'do', he runs!

suse
#40 of 46 Old 01-12-2004, 10:46 PM

Jakob is 11 months now. He signs some of the time. A lot of the time he will grab my shirt and try to pull it down. A lot of the time lately he will point (with the tip of his finger actually on my boob) and say "dis" or "dat" for this or that. And the other day he said "ma boo".

#41 of 46 Old 01-12-2004, 11:36 PM
Banned

My son recognizes the milk sign. Nummies, numnums, boobie juice... (cow's milk is moo juice)

and of course, our favorite..

Mamoo
#42 of 46 Old 01-13-2004, 02:16 AM

Well, Andrew askes by yelling "couck" (couch) at me. I have relagated all nursing to our big green couch during the day so he'll let me sit down without pouncing. We have a glider in his room and he calls it "couck"also. And in between sides he says "swip" which is his way of saying switch. Sometimes he says swip even in his sleep during his night nursing. It's so breathy and sweet. Ahh, I love it.
#43 of 46 Old 01-19-2004, 12:11 PM

Jakob did a new one a few days ago, hasn't done it since: he pointed at my chest and yelled, "Num deedla!" (Yum these?)

#44 of 46 Old 01-19-2004, 08:31 PM

Since this thread started I think that Niels has come up with a word. He does the milk sign, and I got tired of feeling like he was demanding rather than suggesting, so I taught him the sign for "please." Now he just does the please sign and says, "bee!" We'll see if he starts using the word without the sign. It's very cute, though.
#45 of 46 Old 01-21-2004, 03:50 PM

DS just recently addressed my nursies: he has always uttered "uh uh uh uh" when he wants to nurse, and the other day he was finished nursing and said "bye, uh uh". So I guess he calls them "uh uh".
#46 of 46 Old 01-23-2004, 09:45 PM

My oldest started saying 'bah bah' when he was about 6 months - it took me a while to realize that he was talking
My little one said 'pweeeze' from about 13 months to 18 months. Then he started saying 'boo boo'. Now he says 'pleeease' with a big smile on his face if he feels that I need a little encouragment. He says 'othie' when he wants to change sides.

Rainbow.gif ~ Molly

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page