Homeopathics for Seasonal Allergies & Breastfeeding - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-16-2009, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hopefully someone knows whether the hylands seasonal allergy relief is safe while breastfeeding.

Here's what it has in it:

Allium Cepa
Natrum Muriaticum
Histaminum Hydrochloricum
Galphimia Glauca
Nux Vomica

TIA for your help. If you have any links please share them.
#2 of 7 Old 03-17-2009, 02:28 AM

I take Sabadil which is made by Boirin and is similar I believe.

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

#3 of 7 Old 03-17-2009, 11:48 AM

apologies, but where might i find the best research for handling seasonal allergies while breastfeeding? anxiously sitting at home with my newborn awaiting the frightening season....was going to look in to a recommended acupuncturist but want to find as many alternatives to antihistamines and decongestants as I can.
cheers in advance.
#4 of 7 Old 03-17-2009, 12:21 PM

Have any of you tried a Netti Pot? Here's a pic of one:

http://www.himalayaninstitute.org/Ne...otGateway.aspx

My husband used to take so much Tylenol Allergy Sinus that I seriously thought his liver was gonna fall out his bum. Friend of ours in OH uses them for her whole family for severe allergy and so I got one for him to try. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It changed his life. In the beginning he did it at 2x a day, every day, because he was clogged it would not drain, then it became one time a day. Now he just does it when he starts with the headaches. That might be couple times a week, or less if it's winter. HE DOES NOT TAKE ANY MORE ALLERGY MEDS. He went from debilitating headaches, dark eyes, agony (we live in KY) to freedom from all those things. It is a bit weird to get used to at first. You have to get the salt ratio right and the head tilt, but even the kids and I do it when we're feeling stuffy or have been out when there's lots of pollen. They've been around for thousands of years, and man are they amazing!! Just thought I'd mention it since it's just water and non-iodized salt, very safe.
#5 of 7 Old 03-18-2009, 12:10 AM

Every time I used a Netti Pot, I got a horrible headache. It was really weird...

I just decided to suffer through the allergies while pregnant, and I'm doing the same thing now while breastfeeding. :-(
#6 of 7 Old 03-18-2009, 12:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomigi View Post
Every time I used a Netti Pot, I got a horrible headache. It was really weird...

I just decided to suffer through the allergies while pregnant, and I'm doing the same thing now while breastfeeding. :-(

I can't really just suffer through them though because it turns into bronchitis and then I have to get abx.
#7 of 7 Old 03-18-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janasmama View Post
I can't really just suffer through them though because it turns into bronchitis and then I have to get abx.
Yuck, that sucks. :-( I get sinus infections or colds a lot due to my allergies, but luckily never bronchitis.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page