My sister is still nursing her twins. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-04-2009, 02:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:

They're about 2.5mo now. It doesn't seem like much I know, but I think this is the longest she's nursed any of her 7 kids.

She was finished a week ago. She went to the ER on Tuesday for a migraine and didn't even check to see if the meds they gave her were safe for the babies. Then of course she was scared to nurse them for fear of harming them. She's been supplementing since birth and they weren't nursing much at this point anyway.

Then today my mom related sis's news - she just isn't ready to stop nursing yet. These are her last babies. She holds them close, and they root like crazy and then suck on their fingers and she told mom that's just not right. So today she pumped for a bit to help build her supply and then nursed both babies.

I'm so proud of her.

Mama to two crazy boys (8/05 & 9/07) and happy wife to one wonderful hubby.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2009, 12:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That is awesome news. It is so hard with twins. I went 4 days without supplements and then had to do one small feed with formula (2 oz for each baby). That's all they've had since Sunday!

So tell your sister another twin mom thinks she rocks!

Deanna Mom to 3 boys! Jake (April 2006) & Twin Boobie Monsters Wesley & Nathan (Feb 2009)!  homeschool.gif nocirc.gif

User Tag List