Cloth nursing pads - recommendations? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-16-2009, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd prefer to get reusable ones this time around. I remember going crazy with DS trying all kinds of brands because it seemed they ALL showed a big bullseye through my shirt...

Can anyone recommend some good cloth ones that I can order, that you've had good luck with NOT showing through your shirt? I'd prefer to support a WAHM so feel free to give me links to shops, etsy stores, etc. (Or PM me if you'd like!)

Amanda , mama to my two boys: N (10/06) and : A (7/09)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2009, 05:32 PM

I am using lana wool ones this time around- I am sure that there is some wahm that makes similiar though. I went with larger- which seems counterintuitive.... They really don't show and they are so warm and soft. Now that it is warming up they are still super comfy because you can't feel the moisture. I am normally a Bcup and I went with the 6" pads....

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

Old 04-18-2009, 03:34 AM

Oh, interesting. Really they don't show? I switched from re-usables to disposables last time for absorbancy. How are Lana wool ones for that?

It's not that the stay-at-home-parent gets to stay home with the kids. The kids get to stay home with a parent. Lucky Mom to DD1 (4 y) and DD2 (18 mo), Wife to Mercenary Dad
Old 04-18-2009, 09:51 PM

I hated the wool pads, it just felt like they didn't absorb. I liked the Bravado ones, which show a huge bullseye, but abosorb like crazy. (I was a really really heavy leaker.)

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

Old 04-18-2009, 11:44 PM

Subbing! :

Erica, wife to Jason (March 2002) . Mama to Ava (June 2003) , Jason Jr. [AKA JJ] (August 2004) , Lila (January 2009) , Maura (October 2010) , and a new person in December 2012!
Old 04-19-2009, 12:12 AM

I wish I could remember the brand name of the cloth pads I'm using, but I threw the package away! I will have to ask my friend - she got them for me. They are really great, and the only bras they show a shape through are really thin ones. If you wear even a lightly padded bra, nobody will be able to tell.

They are much softer on my nipples (esp. when sore) than those awful disposable ones. I have 6 sets of two (3 sets come in one package), and that is enough to get me through about a week before having to wash. I just throw them in with the rest of the baby's laundry, and dry them on low heat.

-
Old 04-19-2009, 02:58 AM

Wool!!! Wool is the best, very absorbant, and can be soooo soft. If you get wool I would buy about 3 pairs. They can be used a few times in a row before needing to be washed, just like wool diaper covers.

wife to DH 2/03, mama to DS 3/03 & DD 1/09

User Tag List