greasy nipples? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-29-2009, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have an almost four month old baby girl and lately my nipples sort of feel...greasy. I don't remember them feeling greasy when I was breastfeeding my son, years ago. Is that normal? What causes the greasiness?
#2 of 5 Old 04-29-2009, 02:10 PM

That's just the natural oils (aka grease) protecting and nourishing your nipples, keeping them soft and protected! Don't wash it! The woman's body is really an amazing thing.

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#3 of 5 Old 04-29-2009, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

That's so funny, I mean. I've heard of that, but I've never noticed before and they just feel sort of like I put a LOT of lanolin on them and it seems EXCESSIVE. I was worried it would bug the baby!

But if it's normal and healthy and helpful, that's rockin'!
#4 of 5 Old 04-29-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelittlesleep View Post
That's so funny, I mean. I've heard of that, but I've never noticed before and they just feel sort of like I put a LOT of lanolin on them and it seems EXCESSIVE.
I remember it with DD, but lately I've even noticed it on my nipples again, and I'm only 13 weeks prego. I guess they're getting ready to do they're job!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#5 of 5 Old 03-20-2012, 06:11 AM

does this happen even if you are not pregnant?  I didnt think that my husband got lucky on this past cycle and now it is CD7 for me on the new cycle and my nipples feel extremely oily and are a bit tender... yesterday ihad the worst lower back ache i can recall...  the reason i question is the last few months my flow has been only 3 days and light... the first day is moderate bleeding with a couple clots but otherwise lighter red flow....  I am ready to give up... it is so frustrating... i try not to read into things and just let mother nature take its course... we lost a baby last July at 8 weeks... i pray so hard every night...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page