Holter Monitor while BF'ing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-26-2009, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone ever have to wear a Holter monitor for 24 hours while nursing? Is this going to be a big PITA? I'm concerned about DD wanting to pull on it and/or be annoyed by it but is there anything else I should be aware of? I'm already imagining that sidelying nursing with this thing on is going to be a huge undertaking.

TIA!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#2 of 3 Old 05-26-2009, 05:28 PM

I had to wear an event monitor for a month when DS was 14 months old. It wasn't too bad, I just tried to keep it out of his sight and if he did grab it I gently took it back. No problems here though!

Amee + James (1998) =
Amethyst (May 2002)
Asheby "Bear" (November 2006)
Abbott (January 2011)
Atlas (March 2013)
#3 of 3 Old 08-28-2012, 10:56 AM

I just finished wearing one with an almost 6 month old. It wasnt that bad, I went to Good Will and bought a couple tighter fitting t-shirts and then cut holes for my breasts to stick out. All the Monitor bits were hidden under t-shirt and less distracting, and she was able to feed fine. I did have to try on the shirts with the monitor to check if the upper leads were within the collar line. Hope this helps future Moms. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page