little breast change in pregnancy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 06-08-2009, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
so i am 25w 4d my breasts have barely changed size, maybe they grew a tiny bit but it's hardly noticeable. i am still wearing the same bras. the nips are a little bigger and darker as well as the surrounding area and i have noticed the Montgomery's tubercles, plus more veins going to my breasts. the reason i am asking is because my mom had no milk and i was wondering if this may happen to me? has anyone had very little breast changes up to this point and still went on to breastfeed normally? (yes i am probably worrying)
#2 of 10 Old 06-08-2009, 06:10 PM

During my last pregnancy, my breasts didn't change AT ALL. I had plenty of milk, though, and my milk came in quickly. My son was 20 pounds or so at around 3 months old!

However, my son had tongue tie, which led to BF issues for the first 20 weeks...

Cristina
CPST and mom to Toby 6/06 and Caleb 8/09
#3 of 10 Old 06-08-2009, 06:20 PM

My breasts didn't really change at all during pregancy. I wore my pre-pregnancy bras all the way through. Actually, I can still wear a couple of them now (during the first month or six weeks of nursing my breasts grew quite humongous, but now they've mellowed out a bit). My milk came in fine and my supply has been good and strong. I've never heard of a lack of breast changes indicating potential nursing trouble in anyone. I wouldn't worry about it- but I know that is easier said than done

Good luck and congratulations. I'd bet you'll be fine.

mummy to one sweet, beautiful, strong, clever, perfect
#4 of 10 Old 06-09-2009, 11:20 AM

no real change until baby was here! don't worry! you're body will abundantly respond when the baby arrives!
#5 of 10 Old 06-09-2009, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Also keep in mind that medical professionals know a LOT more about lactation now than when we were babies. Just because your mother was told she "had no milk" does not automatically mean that she had any physical problems with milk production.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18, and Jack, 12
#6 of 10 Old 06-09-2009, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Have you gained much weight during the pregnancy overall? I believe the increase in breast size is pretty much all fat- so that might be a cause for them not increasing in size. Regardless, don't worry! As PPs have said, your mom's milk production has nothing to do with yours. Think positive thoughts about how your cup will "over floweth" with milk for your little one. Stress never helps with nursing.

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#7 of 10 Old 06-09-2009, 12:42 PM

i agree..my breasts got SLIGHTLY larger during pregnancy (much to my consternation, i was looking forward to those 'perks' of being pregnant).
but after birth & when my milk came in praise the lord and call me jayne mansfield! of course in a couple of months things settled down. & after that they went back to my pre-birth size. still, thanks to my magical mams william was in the 95th percentile of babies his age in weight for his first year.
momma, youre doing fine.
#8 of 10 Old 06-10-2009, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommytoC View Post
You should meet with an LC before birth and see if there might be something going on. My breasts went up two cup sizes, and I had major supply issues. Breasts not changing during pregnancy can be indicative of future supply problems, and while everyone who has posted here has had no supply problems are saying that your body will work and that will more than likely be the case, it is not an impossibility that there could be supply problems.

25 weeks might still be a little early to expect a lot of change, but better to get checked out and find out ahead of time if there could be an issue. I wish I had known to do that.
I agree with MommytoC. I've been reading about insufficient glandular tissue and apparently it can run in families. One sign of IGT is little or no breast change during pregnancy. However, if it is diagnosed you can take Goat's Rue during pregnancy to build breast tissue.

I have low-supply and while I'm not sure what caused it, I know that if I had had the chance to do anything about it before my daughter was born, I would've.

Used to be stay at home parent to our two lovely girls, survived nursing school with family intact, about to graduate and looking for a job! I low-supply nursed my bio daughter for 3 years. 

#9 of 10 Old 06-10-2009, 01:55 AM

I am 3 months pregnant and i definitely feel a change in my breasts, has lot of pain , looks big and more weight.Presently i am not wearing bra as its very painful.

Is it normal and can anyone help regarding any bra for pain ?
#10 of 10 Old 06-10-2009, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frdsmth9 View Post
Is it normal and can anyone help regarding any bra for pain ?
The achiness is normal. Get fitted (by a trained professional) and stick to wide straps if you're a large cup size. I prefer non-underwire these days.

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page