question about lump in nipple? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-02-2009, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all
I had a question for bf mamas, I have been bf my DD for almost two years we just weaned about 4 months ago and i have since felt a lump in my left nipple very tiny like a pebble ( could have always been there i never noticed it before, I only checked because my mom just had a papaloma removed from her nipple about two months ago which turned out to a non invasive cancer so that prompted me to probe my nipple, which i really have never done, my left nipple is flat compared to my right nipple, i always chalked that up to as why my DD would refuse the left breast.

anyhow i thought i was pg this past month due to the fact that i had a little yellow discharge from that breast but i also had some discharge from my right breast but that was white i assume milk is still producing from that side, anyhow my DD never really nursed much from the left side(side i felt lump) so now i am a little worried, i have my gyn check up in oct, i may go sooner then that, but I was wondering if any of you ever had a little lump in the nipple and it turned out to be nothing.

since i had the discharge from that nipple the lump is smaller, I am wondering if it is a little milk duct maybe clogged seems like my breast starting hurting after i started messing with it now the breast is starting to feel better, it has been about two weeks now, and my period has started 6 days ago.

Now this breast hasnt really been nursed on for almost a year, my DD refused it, so i am not sure if milk would even be producing in it, just because i was still nursing on the right side.

any advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 07-02-2009, 01:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had a little pebble lump in my left breast while pregnant...the same side that has been biopsied twice under suspicion of paget's. it was a tiny hard lump. anyways, I had an ultrasound of it and it turned out to be a cyst...nothing serious at all. if I were you I might try to get in before October just to put your mind at ease

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page