Weight loss and exercise? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-02-2009, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DS is 5.5 weeks old now and I'm totally ready to drop my remaining 10-15 lbs and get my saggy butt back in shape. Pre-preggers I was doing the TurboJam series and managed to continue it through about 5-6 months preggers, modified of course. So the DVDs are staring at me everyday and making me feel guilty on top of feeling flabby.

What, if anything, do I need to know or concern myself with about exercising while EBF. I worry about jeopardizing my supply by not getting enough calories or buring too many....should I? Other than not being able to detach myself long enough to do anything are there any other worries?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2009, 06:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would say, wait a little longer to do anything strenuous. If you want to exercise start with taking walks with baby. To get ready for birth, your body pumped a lot of Relaxin into your ligament and joints so it is easy to hurt yourself. I pulled a muscle 5 weeks after birth, seriously painful. My husband said I cried louder than I did in labour.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I started running at 6 weeks PP and was able to get down to prepregnancy weight within 2 months PP. I had to make sure to listen to my body about how intense I could go. I have always had just enough milk, but drink tons of water, mothers milk tea and eat oatmeal to make sure I keep the supply up.

Listen to your body!

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

User Tag List