Mothering Forum banner

Does your DH like your milk?

3K views 66 replies 52 participants last post by  amlikam 
#1 ·
Okay fooling around with DH and two babies later he has recently discovered the taste of my milk. He has said before that he always avioded that area (with his mouth anyway) because of the milk being there. Recently I think he wasn't thinking of it and managed to get quite a large drink in! Now he says to me * it tastes like the last sip of coffee with all the cream and sugar on the bottom!!* and I *simply MUST try this!!* !!! He's crazy, is breastmilk THAT tastey??!! Is this some weird fetish or maybe my DH was weaned too early or something. Anyone else's partners like the taste of your BM??

#3 ·
I have told my partner that I want us both to taste my milk. I am curious about the taste and feel if our baby is going to have it, we should both try it.

For some it is definitely a fetish.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naturalmamaof1 View Post
...Anyone else's partners like the taste of your BM??
Am I allowed to giggle like a child at this because I still read BM as bowel movement?

#4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mulvah View Post
I have told my partner that I want us both to taste my milk. I am curious about the taste and feel if our baby is going to have it, we should both try it.

For some it is definitely a fetish.

Am I allowed to giggle like a child at this because I still read BM as bowel movement?

That is funny, yes, I thought of that when I posted

#9 ·
My dh was shall we say very much in love with it
He misses it greatly.

#10 ·
I haven't breastfed (yet) so I can't comment on Dh but I can comment on my Mother. I was older (13yearsold) when my youngest sister was born and my Mom constantly pumped. She froze her milk and I often remember her going into the freezer while cooking/baking etc. Well, at the time I really had no idea what she was getting in the freezer but now, I totally realize! HAHA! So, I asked her and sure enough, she had SO much milk so she made everything with breastmilk...pancakes, muffins, cookies. I asked her about using it in cooking and she said it was pretty sweet in cooking but used it anyway and used plenty of spices.
So, I was getting my Mother's breastmilk well into my teens.

#17 ·
Am I the only one that has a strict "no boobs" policy while lactating? It feels like the "mommy zone" to me, and for the life of me, I cannot switch gears. Absolutely off limits.

#19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpmandee View Post
Am I the only one that has a strict "no boobs" policy while lactating? It feels like the "mommy zone" to me, and for the life of me, I cannot switch gears. Absolutely off limits.

my DH would be a very sad man. Especially since I've breastfed for almost 6 years!

#21 ·
Am I the only one who hasn't tasted their own bm?

I don't know why - I just cannot ingest something that came out of my own body.

Dh has tried it (intentionally and *ahem* unintentionally) and while he's not disgusted by it, he's not exactly a fan, either.
Slightly OT: we're vegan, but I'm sure if I made cheese from my bm, dh would be in heaven

#22 ·
I have an allergy to dairy - fairly severe. So, I can't eat anything dairy. Even though I love ice cream and cheese ... but, it's been years since I had any.

Now that I'm pregnant, the other day, I asked my dp if he thought it was possible to make ice cream from my breast milk. And then we were off googling. lol Apparently it IS possible, and I'm so going to try it. I'm sure dp will try it too.

So, I don't think this is that weird.

#23 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn08 View Post
Am I the only one who hasn't tasted their own bm?
I've never done it really intentionally, but have licked it off my hand when it overshot and things like that. It's very sweet.

#24 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherry Alive View Post
Dh is scared to try it... I tried it as soon as I was actually lactating. It is very sweet...not at all like cow's milk. It's amazing how something that tastes so much like a dessert drink can be so nutritious and amazing for a baby.

I know right? Babies are sooo lucky! + they get to sleep all day or whenever they want, and they look sooo cute! But so does a nursing tot or preschooler

I have yet to try it besides licks off my arms from forefull letdowns...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.