Mothering Forum banner

Severe eczema on nipples that is not getting better

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  jojojojojo 
#1 ·
DD is 12 months and about a month ago I developed really bad eczema on my nipples that is not going away. I am being diligent with the Lansinoh, but it is getting very unbearable. I am not ready to wean, but dont know what else to do. Any advice?

#3 ·
I had severe eczema on my nipples at one point in my life, it was awful. I am sorry you are going through this! One thing that has always helped my eczema is exposure to the sun. Good luck!

#4 ·
I never had it on my nipples - so sorry!

Two Things that help me - I do use Lansinoh (on hands, face, etc), but you can try one of the vegan nipple creams, just to be sure the Lansinoh isn't making it worse.

Found this thread from a couple years ago -

http://www.mothering.com/discussions.../t-243956.html

Drinking tons and tons of water. For me, I have to stay clear of anything dehydrating (caffeine, alcohol especially). When BFing, I'm drinking at least 100 oz of water a day.

Hope it goes away soon.

#6 ·
Thanks y'all for all of the advice. After reading through the posts, I realized that it is probably thrush! I started a GSE oil wash, immediately followed by cocnut oil after every feeding (and changing disposable breast pads). After one treatment of that things were a little better. Then added in GSE by mouth, NOW foods candida cleanse and a heavy duty probiotic 3x a day. Did one application of GV last night....things are much better although there are 2 cracks on my richt nip, and nursing on that side is still pretty unbearable!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.