Need nursing bra advice, please! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 8 Old 02-12-2004, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 27 weeks pg (tomorrow) and in great need of new bras. Since I'm closing in on my due date I want to just go ahead and buy nursing bras. However, I can't seem to find one I'm happy with. I'm a plus size mom with a D or maybe DD cup. Every bra I've tried just doesn't fit right, either some part of me hangs out, the straps are too skinny, etc. I don't want a pull over style, otherwise I'm not too picky. I just want it to fit!! I was going to try buying a few online, but they're $$ and I'd have to pay shipping, then more shipping if I need to return it.

Any ideas?? I thought I might try the Love at First Sight (??) at JC Penney, but I'd have to order it, they don't have it in the store.

Thanks for any insight! It's been a while since I bought nursing bras. My older child is 10 1/2. =)

~Angie, Mom to Race, 10, and Peanut, edd 5/14/04
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 02-12-2004, 04:27 PM

I hear ya!

I am not plus size, but was a 34D pre-preggo and now that I am b-fing am a 34G...as in "G" they're HUGE!!!

I found Goddess brand nursing bras at mommygear.com for about $36 each. That may seem like a lot, but I got 1 to wear and one to spare and figure that at this point comfort is VERY important! I have been wearing them since last June and they are holding up very well.

The straps are substantial and the fabric on mine is a nice jacquard cotton. I think that they come in lace too. The folks at mommygear.com were very easy to work with and I think that you can return your bra if it doesn't fit correctly...(I think...)

In any case, good luck!
#3 of 8 Old 02-12-2004, 11:14 PM

I was *so* where you are now when I was prego

I got some bras from www.birthandbaby.com

I wouldn't have survivied! :LOL My babe is 2 mos now and I have been very happy. BTW, I was a 34 DD pre-pregnancy and now am a 36 G-H!!!! They have a great selection and great sizing info. Check it out!

HTH

#4 of 8 Old 02-13-2004, 01:44 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you both!! I'll go check both sites out right now.

I just can't believe how impossible it is to find a decent nursing bra in a fairly large city. I could understand it if all I had to buy from was a WalMart, but we have plenty of dept stores, speciality shops, etc. Of course I can't buy a decent cloth diaper here either. =)

Thanks again!
~Angie
#5 of 8 Old 02-13-2004, 01:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'll pop in and recommend my favorite bra, the Goddess 511 that I got from http://www.ladygrace.com

My fave non nursing bra is the Goddess 110.

I am a 36G curently while nursing my 14 month old.
#6 of 8 Old 02-15-2004, 11:09 AM

I bought a couple of nursing bras in a size or 2 larger when I was pregnant. Well I was so swollen up after the birth that I couldn't fit into them for months. Couldn't fit into my shoes either for about 2 weeks.

What I lived in at the start was a cheap $8 leisure/sports bra from Walmart. It's thin, stretchy stuff with front clasps. Makes a great night bra also. It's very forgiving of large weight fluctuations.
#7 of 8 Old 02-15-2004, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the additional info! The Goddess bras look very nice. I think I'll try them first. I was wanting some night time bras and hadn't thought about cheap sports bras. I'll look at WalMart the next time I'm there.

I really thank all of you! I can't believe what a difficult time finding a good bra is. You'd think it would be easy.

~Angie
#8 of 8 Old 02-15-2004, 07:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I actually like Lane Bryant bras for nusing. The cotton ones. I got 4 and they lasted 2-3 years with lots of washing.

Just buy the chest size one size bigger so you can pull them up over your breast easily. (ie 32B buy 34 B).

Also, they are pretty cheap (they go on sale too). I also used sports bras arount the house and at night.

The 100% cotton ones seemed to just soak up sweat and stay wet and soggy all day!! YUCK!!

[URL=http://lanebryant.charmingshoppes.com/Shopping/product.asp?product_id=L1001224]

Courtney wife to geek.gif and mom to 4 boys: chicken3.gif   . I need caffix.gif !
They're not typos. . . I can't spell!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page