now blood in stool - Mothering Forums

#1 of 1 Old 10-27-2009, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I posted about this on the allergy board the other day. My week old dd had a meconium poop and a transitional poop last week that had some blood in them. Since then she had 3 poops that had no blood. She really hasn't been pooping much most likely because she hasn't been getting enough hindmilk. Anyway, this evening she had a really big poop, it was brown and somewhat thick had a couple of "seeds" in it. As it was coming out I thought I saw some blood in the diaper, I caught some and sure enough there was some blood in it. Now, last week when she had blood, the ped said that was normal, but now I am wondering. My first thought is food allergies (because dd#2 has food allergies), but would they show up this early? No one on the allergy board seemed to know when I posted this last week and the ped said it was too early for food allergies to show up. I do plan on calling the ped in the morning, but just wondering if anyone else has had blood in these early diapers and what, if anything, caused it.

Thanks,

Beth

Beth wife to Tom and mommy to Therese 11/4/04 Anna Mary 6/15/07 and Veronica 10/20/09

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page