This probably isn't going to work for me, is it? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 14 Old 11-04-2009, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://www.bravadodesigns.com/produc...ID=109&area=US

Has anyone with large, less-than-perky breasts tried these bras and liked them? They look very comfy but I worry about looking like I have a saggy uni-boob. I can get that in a $15 sports bra from Wal*Mart if that's what I'm after.

...ooO*Ooo*ooO*Ooo...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 11-04-2009, 09:42 PM

I have found Bravado bras to be very comfortable, but definitely a bit "uni-boob".

Ironically, one of the most flattering bras Ive found is the sport nursing bra by Bestform, carried by walmart.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5026122

Heather, DW to Clyf: & ::: Mama to Bridget: 3/22/05 CP: & Braden:7/12/08 Retired EPer-27mos:
#3 of 14 Old 11-04-2009, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizmerricat View Post
Ironically, one of the most flattering bras Ive found is the sport nursing bra by Bestform, carried by walmart.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5026122
Okay that actually looks like it might work - does it have a hook-and-eye closure in back or just the regular racer-back sports bra back? I prefer hook-and-eye closures for adjustability, kwim?

...ooO*Ooo*ooO*Ooo...
#4 of 14 Old 11-05-2009, 12:20 AM

I buy a $10 push up underwire from target that I can push the shoulder strap down and pull the cup over and I don't care if it gets all stretched out...much better appearence...IMO hate the unibob and smashed look.
#5 of 14 Old 11-05-2009, 12:54 AM

I LOVE bravado nursing tanks! Im large chested and i dont get uni boob in them, and they hold everything in too

Lindsay: DS#1 (06/06) DD#1 (09/07) DS#2 (10/08) DD#2 (06/09). AND A BABY DUE NOVEMBER 2013

#6 of 14 Old 11-05-2009, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepyheaded_Mama View Post

Has anyone with large, less-than-perky breasts tried these bras and liked them? They look very comfy but I worry about looking like I have a saggy uni-boob. I can get that in a $15 sports bra from Wal*Mart if that's what I'm after.
I am a 40DD right now and have this bra. I was a 42G right after birth and this bra worked great then and now.

YMMV.

First and foremost, Mama to Owen blahblah.gif (7/21/04), Annalieseenergy.gif  (7/29/09), and somebody new bigeyes.gif  (due Feb 2012), and wife to Andrew (9/12/98). Also passionate about and loving the work I do in Organizational Development.

#7 of 14 Old 11-05-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Okay that actually looks like it might work - does it have a hook-and-eye closure in back or just the regular racer-back sports bra back? I prefer hook-and-eye closures for adjustability, kwim?
It's hook-and-eye. Not sure why it's considered a "sports" bra, except that it is more supportive. I keep trying other bras, but I've been using this style since I had my daughter (age 4), and I keep coming back to this one.

Heather, DW to Clyf: & ::: Mama to Bridget: 3/22/05 CP: & Braden:7/12/08 Retired EPer-27mos:
#8 of 14 Old 11-05-2009, 04:34 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:

Has anyone with large, less-than-perky breasts tried these bras and liked them? They look very comfy but I worry about looking like I have a saggy uni-boob.
How large is large? I think I am a 36D right now.

I will say that the Bravado Original is the *only* non-underwire, non-molded-cup bra, nursing or no, that I am willing to wear out of the house under form-fitting clothing. It is extremely comfortable and flattering and I doubt I'm going to retire it when I stop nursing.

It does not give me a uniboob but maybe it would if I were an F or G cup or something. It looks like Bravado has a different model for larger sizes.

Me, DH, DD1 (5/2009) and DD2 (10/2011). DS due 6/2015.
I'm not crunchy. I'm evidence-based.
Vaccines save lives.
#9 of 14 Old 11-05-2009, 04:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm a 32 G and I have one of those bras. At first I really liked it, but after nearly two years of wear I feel pretty saggy in it... I'm pretty sure this is to be expected from any bra this well-worn though! I suggest trying it on in a store if you can.

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
#10 of 14 Old 11-05-2009, 05:00 PM

40G/H immediately postpartum, and about a 38/36F (DD) now.

#11 of 14 Old 11-06-2009, 01:19 AM - Thread Starter

I'm an oddball size, 36 band, H cup - and I'm still pregnant so my milk isn't even in yet! I always have problems getting bras to fit, nursing or otherwise. It's a combination of finding a bra in such an off size, and the fact that my breasts are always heavy and that over the course of the day the weight gradually pulls almost every bra I've ever worn, down in front and up in back - no matter how much I tighten the band size. I could probably manage to sag in a corset.

...ooO*Ooo*ooO*Ooo...
#12 of 14 Old 11-06-2009, 05:11 AM

Quote:
I'm an oddball size, 36 band, H cup - and I'm still pregnant so my milk isn't even in yet! I always have problems getting bras to fit, nursing or otherwise. It's a combination of finding a bra in such an off size, and the fact that my breasts are always heavy and that over the course of the day the weight gradually pulls almost every bra I've ever worn, down in front and up in back - no matter how much I tighten the band size. I could probably manage to sag in a corset.
bold mine - OK I would suggest going down in back size and up in cup size if this is happening alot - I'd go for a 34, but really try to go and get fitted - there's a marvellous bra shop here in Europe called Bravissimo, they really are great, and have a website and folk on the phone to help so that you can get the best bra possible to fit you, I got my two nursing bras from them and really they were excellent - you may like to try that option.

ewe + dh = our little lambs + we and have many just : and : life .
#13 of 14 Old 11-06-2009, 02:07 PM

I am a F/G cup, and of a pendulous (aka sagging) bust profile I HAVE found bras that are supportive, comfortable, don't leave me sagging OR uniboobed, and under $50 (I'm pretty sure they were under $40 in fact). I very very highly recommend www.birthandbaby.com they have a huge selection (including bravado, not to mention every other brand I've ever heard of plus a bunch I hadn't!), but if you call them and tell them that you're looking for, plus your size, they can help you find a bra(s) that will work well for you. I actually spent 30 min on the phone with her this morning, told her my size (they have excellent measuring directions if you're unsure), and then told her what features I was looking for--no wires, no uniboob, etc etc--and she helped me find 4 different bras that met my criteria AND were in my size AND were in stock (they had a couple more that were backordered and she said I could order them and they'd call when they come in and if I still want them then they will send them, if not then no worries they don't charge for that). They have a very generous return/exchange policy too, so if somehow it doesn't work for you it's easy to get something else.
I have just been SO impressed with them. They were super helpful for me 3yrs ago the first time I was buying nursing bras, but after 3yrs of almost constant use those bras are starting to wear so I decided to indulge in a new one and talking with them was a very positive experience yet again.

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)

#14 of 14 Old 11-06-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
That's either too loose a band or too small a cup. I had that problem for years, and no matter how much I snugged up the band it never helped...finally I got a size bigger cup and WOW!!
It also makes a difference what type of bra you wear. That was something I learned when I finally got professionally fitted at victoria's secret this summer--different breast shapes (regardless of size) do better in different styles/fabrics of bra. I know that seems obvious, but somehow it had never occurred to me. As a busty woman (DD when not pg/nursing, F/G when I am) I had always figured that I needed full coverage, solid fabrics, not too much stretch, etc in order to have good support...but in fact, because my breasts are more saggy, then all the fullness is at the bottom and they are kinda flat on top, so they don't fill up the top half of the cup of a full-coverage bra. In fact the lower cut and/or stretchy fabrics work better for me--no puckering in the top of the cup yet YES I am still getting good support. It's so much more comfortable to have a bra that is the right size AND the right style!!!
Anyway, just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents there...bra shopping was always a horrible thing for me until just this last year or so when I finally learned what I really need. I heartily recommend finding a store where you can try on a variety of styles of bras and get an idea of what works based on how they feel, not just how they look (Victoria Secret is a good one--you don't have to buy anything--I didn't!)

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page