Anita Nursing Bras? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-06-2009, 11:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've recieved several recs for this kind of bra (I'm rather large chested with "heavy" breasts), but am uncomfortable buying it with out trying it on, i.e. over the internet! Anyone know where I can get them locally, or which "big box" stores sell them?

Nurtured Family does offer free shipping and returns, but its just such a hassle if it doesnt fit (which most things I buy online dont). Plus I want some instant gratification! If I have to go out in the nursing bras purchased when my 1st was born, I might just die!!

Thanks for any advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 11-26-2009, 03:29 AM

I was a little shocked at the price, and then shocked again at the size I had to wear.... in the end it was 100% worth it. Nordstrom carries Anita if you want to go in for a sizing. If you want to order online I would recommed Lindas http://www.lindasonline.com/ . They have a good selection and great return policy.

FWIW, I too have HUGE breasts and I tell ya- it's nice to have them back where they "should" be (I get the 5035 style). Not to mention that Anita makes chemical-free, non-irritant products. Go spend the money, honey. You won't regret it.

Aspiring ExPat
#3 of 8 Old 11-27-2009, 02:09 AM

totally worth the price!!!!! It's the only bra I wear right now.

Casey, wife to Danny, mom to Olive : and Darcy : .
#4 of 8 Old 11-27-2009, 03:40 AM

Yep, Nordstroms has them, and the Nordstroms fitters are beyond fabulous. I love Anita bras too, they're definitely the best.

Eve Eleanor born June 5, 2007
Graham Alexander born February 27, 2010

#3 due November 3, 2014

#5 of 8 Old 11-27-2009, 03:48 AM

Everything they said. I had a fitting at Nordstroms for the first nursing bra I purchased, and it happened to be Anita. I have been ordering it online since (with one fitting when DD had just turned 2 and cut way back on nursing).

Ecstatic mama to our one and only Aurora (Apr 07)
#6 of 8 Old 11-27-2009, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the recomendations! I have been wearing my ill-fitting, purchased 4+ years ago, wrong size, stretched out, moherhood nirsing bras and it isnt pretty! Its bad enought that I'm still hanging onto some baby weight but these bras are NOT helping!! LOL!!

My biggest problem is right before I got pregnant I had found a wonderful bra at Cacique (sp?) a Lane Bryant store and got spoiled, finally having my breasts where they belong, after a lifetime of poorly fitting bras!! I've finally had to admit that I just cannot buy a bra at a regular store, despite being a M/L when at my pre-preg weight! Sometimes these things are such a curse I swear!

Unfortunatly there isnt a Nordstrom near me,... I looked it up and I think I'd have to drive an hour to get to one!! But I'm going to do it! Think the black friday nonsense will have eased up by tonight?

Still considering buying online since if I had done so back when I first posted this, I'd probably have one that fits by now,... hmmmm...

Thanks again for all the advice, cant wait to feel good about my body again!!
#7 of 8 Old 11-28-2009, 02:30 AM

Nordstrom is the best at bra fittings. I love their selection of Anita's. They are awesome bras! Just don't be alarmed when they tell you what size you need. I was shocked!! I didn't think they made them that big...
#8 of 8 Old 11-28-2009, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

LOL, oh I'm prepared! My last bra was a 38 DDD (from Cacique) and I think I could have gone up one more cup but they didnt offer any larger cup sizing at 38 around!! Appearantly they used to do nursing bras but dont anymore,... Still havent made a decisions,.... I'm so indecisive!!

User Tag List