Mothering Forum banner

Hands free pumping

553 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  gbutterflykissesm 
#1 ·
My friend is going back to work after her baby is born in January and would like to know if the Medela freestyle pump is worth the extra money or if the harness things are just as good for hands free pumping.

Any tips welcome!

#2 ·
Honestly? I never tried the freestlye but I and many others just use a sleep bra and tuck the horns in, works great! Medela makes a decent sleep bra and so do several other regular bra manufacturers. I actually bought the harness thing and never used it.

#3 ·
I used the Purely Yours with ds. I now have the Freestyle. I love the Freestyle. If your just gonna sit in the same spot the entire time your pumping then PIS or PY's would work. But the Freestyle is small and doesn't limit your movemlent because it doesn't need plugged in. I charge it once a week on Sunday and it's good to go the entire week. I pump 3x's a day M-F. For me it was worth the extra money! (plus I got it really cheap on a clearance rack.)

#4 ·
I've heard that different pumps work differently for different women (if that made any sense). I have a breastfeeding supply store near me that let me go in and try out some of the pumps they have for sale (obviously have to dump any milk you get). I ended up picking a completely different pump than I thought I would.

#7 ·
I had originally made myself a pump holder out of an old shelf-bra tank top, but it was a PITA. Then I found on a blog somewhere where someone used rubber bands! I do that now every time I pump. It's amazing. Super simple and you hook them onto your nursing bra. Here it is:

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/h...e-pumping.html

I had to play with a few different rubber bands but now use regular ones from office depot. This rocks. It's so fast and you don't have to put anything else on over your clothes or anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.