Tandeming--not letting the toddler nurse all the time - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-31-2009, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Right now my DD is 18 months and I'm 37 weeks pregnant. I part time cosleep with her, in her room, so I fully anticipate that some nights I'll have both kids in her bed (a full). For the most part DD is night weaned, but sometimes she asks for "more milk" in the middle of the night and I tell her that its time for sleeping and she can have more milk in the morning. She whines a little but then accepts it and goes back to sleep.

My issue here is that that new LO will obviously need to nurse in the middle of the night. And its entirely possible that DD will wake up when or right before I'm nursing the other baby. So, is it really fair for me to say "no you can't nurse right now"...when i'm obviously nursing the other baby?

I mean, logistically, I don't think I'd be able to nurse two kids back to sleep simultaneously anyway. So I'm not really looking for *how* to nurse two kids in the middle of the night...just how to handle with without making DD feel displaced.

Any ideas of BTDT?

student momma to two great girls

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2010, 01:24 AM

My ds was a little older when his sister was born (2yrs) but months before she came along I firmly established that there would be no ne-nes at night any longer. There were tears, but more importantly, there was sleep, at long, long last, sleep. We co-sleep, and the new baby nursed all night without ever waking the toddler. Never had any night issues (day issues, oh yeah!).
Also, if your boobs are saggy enough (don't you love my choice of words?), you can nurse two at the same time laying on your back, no problem.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeem View Post
My ds was a little older when his sister was born (2yrs) but months before she came along I firmly established that there would be no ne-nes at night any longer. There were tears, but more importantly, there was sleep, at long, long last, sleep. We co-sleep, and the new baby nursed all night without ever waking the toddler. Never had any night issues (day issues, oh yeah!).
Also, if your boobs are saggy enough (don't you love my choice of words?), you can nurse two at the same time laying on your back, no problem.
lol.
At this point in my pregnancy, I had forgotten that its even possible to lay on your back.

student momma to two great girls

User Tag List