Constant nursing followed by constant spitting up? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-08-2010, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just recently my son has started constantly nursing while napping/sleeping. He will nurse probably every half an hour during the night and during naps... And then for the morning, and next few hours after naps, he is always spitting up. It's very watery, with just bits of milk in it (curdles, though). It doesn't seem to bother him.

What is going on? Why is he eating so much more than will stay in his belly? He's four months old, and this hasn't been a problem before.

Also to add - I just changed a few green watery diapers. I would be surprised if it was a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance, because I block nurse already... Also, we don't eat soy or dairy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 01-08-2010, 09:40 PM

How old is your baby? Does he nurse when he isn't sleeping, or have you seen a shift to prefering to nurse when asleep? If that is the case, he may have reflux issues.
#3 of 4 Old 01-08-2010, 09:48 PM

My DD was a spit up master - projectile, spit up on the sly, you name it. Turned out she had a lot of food sensitivities, but soy was the main culprit.
#4 of 4 Old 01-08-2010, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatioGardener View Post
How old is your baby? Does he nurse when he isn't sleeping, or have you seen a shift to prefering to nurse when asleep? If that is the case, he may have reflux issues.
I always forget to add his age :P He's four months old. He nurses often when he isn't sleeping, we just tend to nurse in bed because he's heavy and he usually ends up falling asleep after.

He's never projectile spit-up, it usually just kind of leaks out of his mouth. I know he's sensitive to soy - I cut it out of my diet about a month ago and things have improved greatly, but the spitting up wasn't really an issue then. I also don't eat dairy.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page